Projects Servo help

Mbtech377

I have been out of the game for a few years. I decided to get back into flying R/C helicopters. I bought a T-Rex 470 kit and want to know what is a recommended: for servos and a 3-axis gyro. Do you know if the motor and ESC that comes with it is worth a damn. What is a good motor and ESC for the application. I currently have a DX7s work receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Mbech377 & :welcome1:. Which ever 470 kit you have the electronics are just fine. Go fly and have some fun in the mean time you can look around at other electronics if your not pleased with the Align electronics.

Mbtech377

Sounds good. I never had a 450 without a fly bar. Not sure what’s a good 3-axis gyro. I was looking at an iKON. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

buel williams

Sounds good. I never had a 450 without a fly bar. Not sure what’s a good 3-axis gyro. I was looking at an iKON. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
I have a 470LP the motor & esc with the kit are just fine I installed align ds450&455 servos. If you can find a spectrum ar7200 or 7210 flybarless unit they work great. I grab up one every chance I get. manual program no need of PC. You will find tail issues with the model myself and others have. It appears gear ratio is the problem no upgrade that I know of.

Mbtech377

Really? Good to know that that will be normal. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m gonna order the stuff now. And again thank you very much

Smoggie

It appears gear ratio is the problem no upgrade that I know of.
There actually is an aftermarket upgrade option that speeds the tail up, it works great. i had one of the early versions of this upgrade fitted to my own 470L, highly recommended:

buel williams

There actually is an aftermarket upgrade option that speeds the tail up, it works great. i had one of the early versions of this upgrade fitted to my own 470L, highly recommended:
Thank you smoggie just ordered one can't wait to install.

Top Bottom