servos

Emilio Rossi

Hi
I have a blade 450x that I installed a spectrum AR720BX on it and the servos Are coronas 1 is a DS-919mg for ,the tail and three are CS-929mg.Do You know what settings I need to use for the corona servos. .

Tony

Staff member
They are saying 1500 on the pulse width and I would not go above 50hz. Plug the servo into a standard Rx and power it on with everything centered on teh Tx. Mark where the servo arm is. Now, plug it into the BX and with a 1520us setting, it should be about the same place. If it's not, try other settings to get it centered.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I thought that AR7200BX only works with digital servos? The Corona, i thought were analog servos, at least my Corona servos are except my tail servo. The Ar doesn't like Analog servos, I've heard.

Tony

Staff member
Nice catch Dog! If it has DS in the front of the model number, then they are digital. CS is NOT digital and can't be used with the BX, it will burn them up. I didn't even catch that.

IMO, quite honestly, I hate corona servos. They center horribly and have horrible control. Do yourself a favor and get a set of Align or Savox servos. They are a million times better.

trainrider06

I had a DS 919MG servo that was digital, but don't waste your time....although the servo was decent the ears break off very easily! There are much better servos out there....For one is the Emax 09 digital and metal gear. I run them on cyclics on 2 of my 450's and they perform great! I hear they make a tail servo also. The servos can be had for under 10 bucks a piece!

Tony

Staff member
If you watch my "How To Build A Clone Properly" video, I use the 929's in that build, and state that I don't like them. I think it was that video anyway.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I also run the KST servos on my Gaui X3,Tarot 450 DFC and my scale heli " 450/CoastGuard." Like Lee said," Fantastic servos" A little more money but well worth it. Just my opinion.

murankar

Staff member
I run the KSts also. I have heard (not validated yet) they are the same thing as the RJX brand and the same company that makes BK servos. I got mine from Garett RC on ebay and I think Helidirect carries them also.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I run the KSts also. I have heard (not validated yet) they are the same thing as the RJX brand and the same company that makes BK servos. I got mine from Garett RC on ebay and I think Helidirect carries them also.

I also got mine from E-bay. For the price of RJX & BK, I will stick to the KSTs servos. HeliDirect wants $29.99 each when E-Bay has them for $71.00 for 3 servos plus free shipping!

Top Bottom