Set up on Real Flight or Phoenix

Dbell79

It have both RF 7.5 and Phoenix 5. Both worked great until I bought a DX9. Now neither of them won't work. Phoenix was easy because there's a vid on YouTube going through the set up for DX6i. I should've saved that DX6i.
I can't find set up instructions for the DX9 any where, for either SIM.
The support guys are useless.
Can't return software!!!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Dbell, let me see what I can come up with. I don't have 7.5 but I do have 6.5. Setup should be the same. I will see if I can get something tonight after the wife wakes up.

I went through it with RF6.5. when you say it does not work, what is not doing? I know the channel needed to be set up also you need to go to Aircraft Editor and change the radio type to pass-through. I don' have the radio connected but tomorrow if Tony has not answer I will post the channel assignment.

Juan

murankar

Staff member
I know the DX6 works but you have to turn off the wireless trainer mode. Switch it to cable trainer mode.

Next in your model setup in real flight, the detailed setup not the quick setup. Switch the governor channel from 7 to 3. This will allow your idle up modes to work correctly.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Sorry for the delay, meant to do this last night but got busy with other stuff.

This is on Phoenix as I have not gotten to RF yet.

On your DX9, set up a new model and make it a helicopter and name it Phoenix Heli, or something that you know. Set your swash on Normal (should already be there) and go down into your trainer and select wireless. In Wireless, scroll to the right one time and inhibit the wireless trainer. Once done, scroll left to LIST and select. Now, select Wired Trainer and set it to Pilot Link Master. Scroll down to the Switch and Inhibit it.

From there, turn your Tx off and plug the phoenix cable into the trainer port of the Tx. This should turn your Tx on. Open up Phoenix and select System > Your Controls > New Profile. Name it DX9 since the DX9 is not in there. Then select Quick Setup. Follow the onscreen guide to set each of your flight controls and you are ready to fly.

The same model should work in RF, but make sure to go into EACH model you want to control with your DX9 and select PassThrough. If you don't, the controls are funky as hell. I do remember that from my DX8.

If you have a problem creating the model in the DX9, I can upload my file from my DX9 Black for you to try. But I'm sure you will get it figured out. If not, let me know.

murankar

Staff member
Real flight has a set of prebuilt radio profiles that makes it easy to get started. Once you find the closest profile to match your radio all you need to do is tweak your settings but given you new to this just keep the defaults except with what i mentioned earlier. My lappy with rf7.5 on it released the majic smoke and the wifes lappy really cant really handle the sim that well so I wont be able to show you anything.

Dbell79

Hi tony, I've been trying for most 3 hours on Phoenix with your instructions. Lately, the plane goes really slow and then I pull back on elevators the plane slowly and gos belly up on the ground.
As far as the post by Muranker, where are these profiles? In 7.5?

Dbell79

I have spent all day at this. I give up. This freaking DX9. I wish I'd never made the mistake of trading my DX6i for this DX9 black piece of x.
A Saturday wasted.

Tony

Staff member
I have been trying to think of what the issue could be. Did you create a new model in the Tx? Did you create a new Tx in the Phoenix program? Did you go through the guided setup to get all of your controls working correctly? Or are you trying to do all of this on RF 7.5?

Dbell79

The answer to all your questions is yes. I'm going to get back into this on. Monday.
After today, my heads fried and way too angry.

Dave

Tony

Staff member
I can understand bro. I remember something here a while back that drove me crazy. I'm thinking it was with realflight. I think I was trying to set my DX8 up on it, and I couldn't for the life of me get anything to work correctly. That is when I found the pass-through for the controller. Have you done the pass-through mod in RF? I'm guessing you were also answering yes to trying this on RF as well.

murankar

Staff member
Make sure the trainer switch setup is set for cable and not wireless. Thus messed me up for a few hours. Also make sure you are plugged into the trainer port and not the earphone port. I know it sounds stupid but it messed me up.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Forum Runner

Dbell79

Ok Muranker, not wireless, I really think I set up it that way.
Tony, what's this about a "pass though" mod?
Dont you use an DX9? Can you make a copy of the set-up?
Dave

Tony

Staff member
It's not going to be on the Tx, it's going to be in the RealFlight program. It's how you bypass the Interlink so the sim doesn't see it, but sees your DX9 instead.

Tony

Staff member
If that doesn't work, send me a copy of 7.5!!! lmao. I will get this figured out one way or another.

I did notice that the screen shots in that video are very hard to see. If you need me to remake that part of it, just ask and I will see what I can do.

Top Bottom