Trucks Smt10

I just upgraded to a hot racing trans, stock motor, when I plugged in the truck it moves but when it's full throttle the motor and transmission just spin, what did I do wrong? Is my motor burnt up?

Tony

Staff member
Make sure your pinion is tight on the motor shaft. If that is tight, then hole the wheels and try to spin the spur gear by hand. Since it is a new transmission (never heard of "Hot Racing Trans"), it's likely your slipper is quite loose.

Make sure your pinion is tight on the motor shaft. If that is tight, then hole the wheels and try to spin the spur gear by hand. Since it is a new transmission (never heard of "Hot Racing Trans"), it's likely your slipper is quite loose.
Hey Tony thank you I tightened up the slipper clutch and it worked for a minute then the motor for really hot and stinky

Tony

Staff member
If the motor was smoking or smells really bad, it's likely you are going to need a new motor. Check the rest of the driveline and make sure it is spinning free. If it's not, and it's putting too much drag on the motor, it will over heat it and burn it up.

Top Bottom