FBL Gyro Spektrum FC6250Hx FBL

gadget47

This thread is primarily about experiences and info on the FC6259Hx. I recently purchased mine after totaling the electronics in an unexpected meeting between mother earth and my chopper.
I only have one system (ikon 2 bt- rest in pieces) prior to the 6250 to reference, and I have to say I like having the programming aspect on my radio instead of a pc or phone.
Because I spent quite a bit of time learning the ikon software/setup, my understanding of the spektrum terms and basic jargon was relatively easy- I went right through the process in a short amount of time.
One thing I did was view the setup videos from Spektrum and then set up the system accordingly. I have safe and rescue turned on as well- I figured I'm new to Fbl systems and I want to start practicing F3C with this system and my Kraken 580 N- and keep the parts count low
Once the weather gets better ( currently 12*F) I'll be adjusting and hovering and relaying as I go. Looking forward to becoming a better heli pilot this year.

buel williams

I set one of those up for a buddy on a Synergy 516. It was fairly easy and the heli flew rock solid. Youl be happy with it, I'm sure. Still not a fan of the forward programming...
Yea forward programming center servos with sub trims ok but when you setup a new model do subs go back to zero, does that affect the first model I mean how does that work.

gadget47

I saw the trims do work, however the instructions say to trim cyclic in (for drift) forward programming- thats how the ikon 2bt was too. Based on the models I've added to my radio I would say the settings are all basic and have to be set up each time a new model is added (unless you copy an existing model setup)the real question is will the transmitter trims screw up the FBL 's operation?

buel williams

I saw the trims do work, however the instructions say to trim cyclic in (for drift) forward programming- thats how the ikon 2bt was too. Based on the models I've added to my radio I would say the settings are all basic and have to be set up each time a new model is added (unless you copy an existing model setup)the real question is will the transmitter trims screw up the FBL 's operation?
Yes I think that's my question. The set that I saw was to 90deg. your servo arms on tx in sub trim when that's done it moves from 0 to whatever does that setting stay with the FBL unit when setup is complete so you can go back to 0 in subs weather you add a model or not

Smoggie

Yea forward programming center servos with sub trims ok but when you setup a new model do subs go back to zero, does that affect the first model I mean how does that work.
I've not used the 6259HX. Usually (in every FBL I've ever used) levelling servo arms would be done using sub trim in the FBL, not Tx subtrim.

Anyway, if the 6259 is different to all others and you do in fact use Tx sub-trim, then this is specific to each model in the Tx memory. When you create a new model all the sub-trims (and normal trims) for that new model start again at zero. Other models in the memory are not effected, they retain their sub-trim (and normal trim) values.

buel williams

I've not used the 6259HX. Usually (in every FBL I've ever used) levelling servo arms would be done using sub trim in the FBL, not Tx subtrim.

Anyway, if the 6259 is different to all others and you do in fact use Tx sub-trim, then this is specific to each model in the Tx memory. When you create a new model all the sub-trims (and normal trims) for that new model start again at zero. Other models in the memory are not effected, they retain their sub-trim (and normal trim) values.
Ok great, maybe forward programing is something I'll try.

gadget47

Just looking back on the thread, the error started w/my mistyped # . The FC6259HX should read FC6250Hx- sorry I didn't notice it earlier. FC6250HX.....

gadget47

A quick mention on Forward Programming- the tx will not show F. P in the menu unless the rx is turned on as well, and will only go into it if the throttle is off or at the lowest setting- nice safety feature. Also, any time you need to check servo center, just go to the appropriate servo (in FP- swashplate or tail servo(s) menu and select sub trim for that servo. The adjustments are listed in that section too.

Smoggie

just go to the appropriate servo (in FP- swashplate or tail servo(s) menu and select sub trim for that servo. The adjustments are listed in that section too.
That confirms what i thought. The servo sub-trim is done in the FBL unit not in the Tx. It's actually really important not to use trim or sub trim in the Tx

I can understand where the confusion comes from because in this case the adjustment of the FBL is done from the Tx, but you have to bear in mind that the Tx is just acting as a programming interface for the FBL unit.

gadget47

Got to fly the other day- 2 tanks later im doing figure eights and nose in. The 6250 dials right in (for my skill level ) and seems very stable in normal mode. Going out in a few min to try idle up/flight mode 1 and adjust those settings. The cyclic trim is done in the safe section of forward programming, and was easy enough.

gadget47

Been awhile, here is an update on my experience with the 6250 unit: since switching to the 6250 I've put about 4 gallons of fuel through my kraken 580 nitro and am having a blast. Its now my go to chopper to beat up the skies ! Setup and adjustments are easy enough to do on the tx at the field- which is important to me- I want to fly, not spend all my time programming.
I have learned to make simple adjustments as I go along and them prove them out. With that said, I'm working on F3C maneuvers (beginner of course) and have added flips, tail slide flips funnels, and some inverted hovering to my skill set. I've been tweaking the chopper in an attempt to smooth out my flying, and so far have been successful.
I was out today practicing loops, rolls, 540s, forward and backwards flips into hovering, and ended with a dozen or so sloppy but successful tic-toc. It was a great day! BTW, I upgraded to a NX10 radio- happy I did.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Nice! You got me beat, I don't trust myself anymore to try anything. I'm afraid I'll lose orientation and fly into myself....lmao. 6250 seems like a pretty solid unit. Good to hear you using it on a nitro with good results.

gadget47

I lose orientation alot more than I used to- but I don't panic- I count 1 sec then only move one stick (normally cyclic) left/right and look for response- always get back on right track. I also try to stay close and fly 2-3 oh s@%$s ! high.

Top Bottom