Spektrum Spektrun NX10

Admiral

Hi All, the upgrade to the beloved DX9 has arrived a belated Christmas present, so far without have yet used it it appears good, set up was easy logged it onto the WiFi and it was able to register itself on the website, downloaded all the DX9 SPM files put them on a mini SD card and they all loaded just fine, The gimbals feel very smooth although the throttle is a bit firmer than I like but that is fully adjustable, the colour screen is nice but no more functional than the DX9 B & W one. Bonus even with the folding antenna it still fits in the DX9 case. First impressions are good can' wait to try it in the field.

IMG_4531 (Medium).JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh wow Keith. Very nice. I know you been eyeing up this TX way before Christmas. I wish you long lasting enjoyment like your DX9 that's been good to you :).

Admiral

Had the NX10 out this morning, just a couple of observations compared to the DX9 with I usually fly with.
The firm throttle was an easy fix.
It takes marginally longer to Boot & Shut Down but only a second or two.
The big one for me was the Volume on the warnings etc when turned to 100% it is inaudible especially to a deaf old fart like me.

Volume issue is probably a result of dropping the operating Vpltage to 3.7V rathe than the 7,2V of the DX9, hopefully it can be fixed with a firmware update but I'm not holding my breath.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I hope you like the new TX and get the volume worked out they way you like. The wife tells me I'm deaf but I think it's just selective hearing :chuckles:

Admiral

Volume issue resolved the Airware Update released on 23 December 2020 added an analogue Volume Control that allows you to control volume from the RH Knob or LH or RH sliders, while it is a great improvement and gives plenty of volume it must be applied to each model individually, a bit of a pain but a great improvement.

Smoggie

Looks good.

I'm assuming that the NX series is replacing the long running DX series over Spektrum's 'mid-range' models? So DX for the budget transmitters, NX for the mid-range and IX for the high end?

Admiral

Hi Smoggie, I believe that the NX Series is actually a replacement for the DX series, that development has reached it limit and it will be phased out in the future.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You got me thinking now Admiral :thinking:, my radio is getting old, 7yrs, and maybe it's time to plan on getting another one :scratchchin:. I'm going to follow Smoggies logic and move on up to a NX Series. The NX6 will work for me but maybe splurge for the NX8 :dunno:

Admiral

Hey D.O.G.. look at the specs closley before making up your mind the vary between models, the only differences I can see between the NX8 & NX10 is obviously 2 channel, a larger battery (3 Times) and the NX10 has Hall Effect Gimbals. Suppose it all comes down to price in the end.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have the DX6 G2 now. I was comparing the NX6 to to the DX6 G3. I really didn't notice much beside the batteries. DX6 G3 comes with 4 AA batteries vs the NX6 comes with 3.7V 2000 mAh 1S Lithium Ion Transmitter Battery. Your right about it all comes down to price in the end. So far the DX6 G3 is the winner by $50.00 BUT do I want to spend the extra 50 and try the new series out. The NX6 is Wi-Fi ready.

Last edited:

Admiral

When I selected my radio... I didn't do it because it had more channels but better features.
Hi Randy, I agree I by what I can afford with the best feature, my first radio was a Kraft Gold 6 channel 2nd hand, because it was all I could afford that actually worked out well.

Top Bottom