Misc. SpiritPro Gyro

Heliman450

Hi all, I recently went through a reprogramming of my Tx. to standardise all models across all functions, switches etc. This has been no problem and I have had functionality across three 'Banks'.

However, I wanted to programme one of my SpiritPro Gyros to have 'Stabilisation (Normal)' after not using this function for quite some time and it has failed to engage. I have tried various things to correct the problem. First was to try on another heli and the same problem exists there. Second was to try with reduced Expo (Zero not 25%), this also failed to correct the problem.

Any ideas?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Are you using a dedicated channel? Can you see it change in the diagnostic tab? I'm trying to remember the setup my self...

Heliman450

Hi fran11784, dedicated channel for what? The diagnostic tab shows everything functioning correctly when viewed through the PC. Of course, I'm making the changes at the field via the Tx. interface.

Bank switching has channel 7 assigned and functions fine. The rescue function has a dedicated spring switch and this also functions correctly. This means that when the 'Stabilisation (Normal)' function is selected the 'Rescue (Normal)' function switch is deactivated. This activates when the 'Stabilisation (Normal)' function is deselected.

The helis simply don't self level when they should. It is strange that the problem occurs with two units. There must something I'm doing wrong or an anomaly.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
You probably already know but if you can't get an answer here you probably can get it on the Spirit help forum. I just have a dedicated channel for switching into self leveling. Maybe something to do with the bank switching? Wish I could be more help

Heliman450

No problem, I already got feedback from Jeti and they don't see it as a Tx. problem so next stop SpiritPro :hdbng:

Heliman450

Second thoughts, how have you programmed it for a separate channel? My Jeti DC-14 has 8 total and 7 is currently assigned as for Bank switching. maybe I could also use #8 for this purpose and it could solve the problem. How do you see the 'Stabi' function in diagnostic tab? Does it join the display with the other channels when activated?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Dang, I'm trying to remember. I don't have that helicopter here, it's at a friends house. It's a Synergy 516 setup on a NX6. You know they have a 7th channel you can use for this kind of stuff. In the diagnostic tab, there's a list of stuff below the display like governor, rescue, stabilization, etc. There it changes from disengaged to engaged when I flip the switch. I don't think you get a new bar that shows up on the display. Hope this makes sense.

Heliman450

Great feedback! Every little bit helps to stimulate the thinking process. This also works when I explain stuff to 'she who must be obeyed', even though it means nothing at all to her :peaceful:

I also don't have the helis with me, they are either in my van or in the workshop. However, the PC is a better display of what's going on rather than the Tx. view. There are a whole lot of 'Unassigned' options available and when I programmed the Banks and assigned them to Channel 7 I saw them in the dropdown list but was only looking for the one I wanted. I suppose that the 'Stabi' options are in there as well, I'll take this forward for my next attempt at resolving the issue. I also need to think about the best switch to use for activating it.

Heliman450

Hi all, looking good for a field test. I've now got a response from the 'Stabi' function on the bench. The following summarises my activities:
  • In the Tx. - activated switch Sd as the on/off and assigned channel 8 to the function
  • In the SpiritPro - assigned channel 8 to the 'Stabi' function (this is shown in Channels not in the Diagnostic tab)
  • Checked out the on/off in the channels display of the SpiritPro - unfortunately no apparent correction with the switch to on for activation :banghead:
  • After an overnight time-out and many coffees- returned to tackle the stalemate
  • In the Tx. selected a new pitch curve (-100% to +100% as a 3-point 'curve') - still no response from the swashplate
  • In the SpiritPro increased the cyclic pitch from approximately 6Deg. to 10Deg
  • Swashplate responds to correct tilt of the heli in all directions - 'Stabi' function is now the default for all 3 Banks with switch Sd activated (Up) and is the required start-up position until deactivated (Down) to fly without 'Stabi'
Hope this all makes sense :banana:

Heliman450

Cheers D.O.G., next job to tackle is the Rescue feature. I'm expecting that the different selections available under the 'Stabi' tab will need to be pre-selected via the Tx. and then my Sd switch will activate or deactivate the function. Should be easy to test out next time I'm at the field.

Top Bottom