Spektrum SRXL2 with telemetry

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I figure what the hay id ask but this is a strange one. So, I'm using a Spektrum AR8020T with a micrbeast ultra. For some reason I con not get my flight pack voltage to show on my transmitter. It just says zero volts. Now this is the first time I have tried the SRXL2 setup which plugs into the side of the beastx and a normal servo plug into the receiver SRXL2 port. All my others with a beastx and a standard receiver setup show all telemetry no issue. Obviously has to do something with the SRXL2 but can't figure it. I have been though both manuals over and over and even emailed the beastx folks but never got an answer. Any ideas welcome.
Thanks, T

RandyDSok

I noticed the BeastX ultra manual lists including a cable adapter for SRXL2 receivers ... so double check that you are using the proper cables. In the manual I also see two setups depending on which receiver you are using but they are listing which model numbers are used for each... one requires that you have reversed the polarity on the cable and warns against getting this part wrong ... in otherwords,, the polarity must be correct or it can/will ruin the receiver if it isn't correct.

Here is the manual page with all of the various receiver type setups Receiver connection - BEASTX Wiki

Also note that in several of the setups, they mention you may need an additional power line to be able to supply enough power for everything. Since I'm unfamiliar with all of this stuff, I'm not going to be of much help further. I will mention that in your betaflight setup to make sure all of the relevant settings like receiver type etc are set.. I just can't say what those settings are since I've only seen others mention them in the forum previously.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Randy, I have indeed double and triple checked to be sure the correct receiver type was selected. I decided to use the same setup on another helicopter to see if I got different results. But the same issue, no reading of flight pack voltage. So strange because the flight pack plugs directly into the receiver. Shouldn't have anything to do with the Microbeast. I thought I read somewhere that the telemetry feature is not free but can't find it. Heres a modified drawing of how its wired.

Attachments

• SRXL2_AR6610T_en.png
    SRXL2_AR6610T_en.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 2

RandyDSok

Shouldn't have anything to do with the Microbeast. I thought I read somewhere that the telemetry feature is not free but can't find it.

The pricing for telemetry is listed at the bottom of this page ( in euro ) Introduction - BEASTX Wiki

So it seems that what others have posted about needing to pay for that feature is true if you haven't and could explain your issue.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, for sure, I did see that on the bottom of that page. Could be a good reason why many are getting away from the micobeast too. Spirit, Brain and many others are included in the software. When I get a chance, I will plug the Ultra into the studioX app and see if telemetry comes up as an option. I know the attitude control is 100 euro. Thanks again..

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, I am officilly giving up on the flight pack voltage display. I upgraded the BeastX to the pro farmwear but still nothing. Don't really need the FP voltage to show anyway, at this point it was just seeing if I could get it. I've tried everything:confused::confused:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, I am officilly giving up on the flight pack voltage display. I upgraded the BeastX to the pro farmwear but still nothing. Don't really need the FP voltage to show anyway, at this point it was just seeing if I could get it. I've tried everything:confused::confused:
Wonderful world of electronics, huh :scratchchin:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, look at this, a gluten for punishment, I decided to switch back to a standard receiver setup just to see. Yup, although I'll never have the answer, for some reason as a single line receiver the telemetry just won't show. I know, I know, let it go already... lol

Attachments

• IMG_2094.jpeg
    IMG_2094.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom