still alive.

murankar

Staff member
Oh Gawd where to begin. Lets get my current issue out of the way first. I find myself in a pickle with my current GF. We started seeing each other this past September. Well Sunday night going into Monday morning my phone made a coupe (like 5 or 6) requests to snapchat.com. Her network blocks the URL. I never used snapchat and have no reason to go to snapchat. My question is how did my phone make the request for snapchat and it doesn't show up in my web history? All I know is that snapchat . com was requested and blocked at her router. Now I have to prove I didn't go to snapchat which is going to be really hard since evidence shows I did.

As for me; I have been in my new house ( a year in July) now and things are starting go look up. I still don't have expendable cash at the moment for heli repairs so I am grounded for a while. My mental health has be on the up and up with a coule exceptions. I went through a depressive state from July to September going into October. Meeting Judy helped get me grounded again. Started cognitive behavioral training just before the end of last year and it carried over till this year. I ended up putting it on pause for the time being because I ended up loosing my job back in January and have not had the will power to get it started back up. I was unemployed for about 3 weeks and found some work. What happeded was the company I worked for lost their second shift machinist which meant I did not have a position. So in stead of moving me to a new position they terminated my role. Sucks yeah but I got through it and desides they did me a favor. As for job hunting I hit the ground running so to speak. After getting my Jobs and family services account set back up I started applying for warehouse positions. I wasn't trying to get picky since I had my mortgage to worry about. While I was job hunting I got a call out of no where for an IT position. The job is to lifecycle PCs at Clevelend Clinic. I said sure what are the details. I was told it is a contract position and that the position could potentially end in December. There is an option to get hired if the clinic deams it. Since February 15 I have been lifecycling PCs and making a nice paycheck to boot. After almost 20 years of trying I finally got my IT job that I have been wanting. While I did manage to get more pay I am still battling my savings at the moment. Since I dont know whats going with the job I have to be dilidgent with my money and only buy things I need. So I bought a bedroom set since sleeping an air matress is getting old. Once I pay that off I have to get a newer car. The POS Nissan Rogue is still not getting any better. Almost 200,000 miles on it.

My job as lifecycle is super simple to a degree. We data capture the PCs and load that data capture to the new PC and do the physical exchange. That's the overly simplified version. Our work load every night is based on 8 hours of work with a 1 hour lunch. We never take out lunch and we hardy ever work 8 hours. We average about 32 hours a week and get paid for the full 40. its nice to have that flelxability. What sucks I still cant make plans till after 10pm regardless because I never know when we are ending the night.

As for the hobby I still have everything and out of 5 helis only one can fly just have not flown. Still not metally ready for it. This current issue is bringing me down hard core. I just hope I dont have to lie about it to get her to believe me. Hobby stuff, I still have the discharge bank project going, I just have not worked on it. I still have everyhting else the 2 radios, 5 helis and a mini blade quad that has a cracked plastic frame. My only flying heli is the Oxy 3. It sits on top of the fridge waiting to fly. One ill get it out flying hopefully before the end of summer.

Hopefully everyone is still healthy and not getting the sniffles. Oh I have a new number if you want it ping me.

Last edited:

Heliman450

Hi Mathias,

I was wondering where you'd got to after rejoining the forum after a break due to working. That finished last year at the end of March so I've been working hard at getting back into the hobby.

Here's hoping that you go from strength to strength. Good luck!

murankar

Staff member
I forgot to a coupleother things to what I have going on. I managed to get 2 rooms hardwired on CAT6 and planning a 3rd. I installed a 3560 48 port switch in the office. I have installed Samsungs Smartthings Hub as my access point to my house. I have begun the automations of thing inn the house like lights and my lizzad enclousre (which i built). Hard to give the lizzard a better environment instead of the aquarium. I have begun the process of securing all of my accounts with a person 2 factor deivce. Its taking some time to get everything set up. I recently had to shut down all ads on my network becausse of the kids and their divices. I starting getting a bunch of illigal packets being blocked and had to tighten down my security on the smartthings hub.

here are some pics of the yard from July right after I moved in and did the forst cut. Followed by this years results.

Attachments

• 20200809_180034.jpg
    20200809_180034.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200827_111000.jpg
    20200827_111000.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200827_111017.jpg
    20200827_111017.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200827_111152.jpg
    20200827_111152.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200827_111229.jpg
    20200827_111229.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210413_094021.jpg
    20210413_094021.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210413_094033.jpg
    20210413_094033.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210413_094049.jpg
    20210413_094049.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210413_094121.jpg
    20210413_094121.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210413_094137.jpg
    20210413_094137.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 3

murankar

Staff member
Hi Mathias,

I was wondering where you'd got to after rejoining the forum after a break due to working. That finished last year at the end of March so I've been working hard at getting back into the hobby.

Here's hoping that you go from strength to strength. Good luck!
Hows the Velos, do you still fly it?

Heliman450

Yes, it's going well and I'm continuing to improve its spec having added a separate battery for the electronics and an Optiguard 430 to back it up. I'm working on a transport for getting my three main helis and all support gear to the field.

Attachments

• Transport_01.jpg
    Transport_01.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well stranger then fiction...good to here your alive and kicking URI. By the sound of it, you been having a typical up and down situation in life. Especially with Covid-19 hitting us one way or another...doesn't help. All is well here with the wife and I. Getting older and buying up some land. We want our privacy. We don't want to wake up, open the back door and hand the neighbor a couple of coffee lol. Seems like a lot of people moving to Florida. Beside that, still flying once a week, if life doesn't get in the way :rotflmao: Good to here from you and try not to be a stranger.

@ Heliman450...loving the heli transporter. Need something to pull it beside you :).

RandyDSok

Hi Uri....

About the Snapchat stuff... I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply caused by an ad in a web browser or a free app that pays for itself by showing ads of various kinds... It doesn't require that you have it installed or even type it into a browser yourself in either situation.

Glad to see you drop back by at least... despite all of the goings on that you've been having.

murankar

Staff member
Every day things get better. I do have my slips but I am learning how to rebound. Focusing on the now and forgetting about the rest at the moment.

Thank you Geena.

Fly-n-Low

Keep on goin'! Grab your boot straps because I don't see this economy getting any better.

As far as life turning bottom upwards, lost my job of 30 years and lost way too much money to mention... Still trying to get my @hit together.

Fixing to build a shop so I can go back to work.

Nice yard and house BTW. The fence and deck look great!

murankar

Staff member
Thank you. The yard has about 2 more years before its done. The fence will need updated before to long. I want a picket style to show off the yard after its more mature.

Tony

Staff member
I actually tried texting you a while back and never received a response. I even mentioned that I was getting a little worried about you on my live streams lol. It's good to hear you are doing good, moving on from the past, and starting a new, although it seems ads are trying to make it difficult lol. But Randy is correct, could have been a small banner ad that is easily clicked on a touch screen phone.

House looks good, grass looks amazing compared to mine, I may have to pour a small pad like you have for my smoker, although it will need to be a bit larger since I have two smokers, a gas grill and a stainless steel sink thing.... I don't know what it is, it was $50 from sears back in like 2000. So I bought it.

We need to get you into some better smoking equipment. I know that smoker you have and it is very hard to hold temp. But, I also understand money is an issue and that one will definitely get the job done.

Hit me up sometime if you want me to have your new number. Mine is still the same as it was. Keep the posts coming bro!

Top Bottom