Still Picture Cameras

Tony

Staff member
Sup everyone. When you are doing builds, or just taking random pic of the birds, what is it that you use? I don't care if it's your cell phone, I want to hear about it lol. So, post up what you use.

murankar

Staff member
Didn't even see this post yet. I use a Nikon D3000 with two lenses; an 18-55 and a 55-200mm. I hate the flash unless I defuse the light. I use a piece of plane white printer paper for a defuser as needed for product shoots. I herd that milk jug plastic works great also as a defuser. I prefer natural light when it is available.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Little bit of cell phone little bit of sony camra, don't know the model off the top of my head. My go pro hero. And a video cam.

OwnageKingX

Hey Guys,
I use multiple things depending on where I am and how quickly i need to take a pic..for emergency cases I use my Phone which gives a decent picture in day light..for zoomed shots, macros and night shots i prefer my Canon 600D SLR with either a zoom lens or Macro lens.

Rgrds
Own

Slobberdog

HTC Desire HD
Ipad 2
Iphone 5

very rarely use a camera do most of my IE on the Ipad these days so its easier to use mobile devices to take the pics as i dont then have to boot the PC up to download them off the camera.

Tony

Staff member
This is NOT a picture thread, this is a camera thread. Please post pictures in the picture section with your own thread. Thanks.

John-A

I use my Iphone 5 for snaps and for real photography I use a Canon 5Dmk3 and 5Dmk2 with 24-105 f4 is usm, Canon lens 70-200 2.8 is usm mk2 100-400 f4.5-5.6 is usm, 300 f2.8 is usm mk2
and a mk3 1.4 converter

Aregorn1

I hate the flash unless I defuse the light. I use a piece of plane white printer paper for a defuser as needed for product shoots. I herd that milk jug plastic works great also as a defuser.

I use a cannon EOS 50D when I want to make fine shots, but for just a quick Pic I use a Sony Cybershoot. I really love my Cannon but most of the time I just have no use for a 16 Megapixel image. @ murankar;21014 one thing that I have found that works well for a defuser is a empty rubbing alcohol bottle the off white type bottle, that is if you are using an external Flash. I just cut the top off and taped the bottle to the head of the flash.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks for the input. I don't have an off camera flash yet. One day maybe. I do have a light kit 80% done. It will output almost 800 watts of light. Right that's on hold till the helicopter is set for a few crashes.

I am using a Pentax WG1. Not a bad camera it is man proof (water proof, dust proof, shock proof) I used it on my deployment and even took some pretty good pictures and video scuba diving.

Top Bottom