General Suggestions

Looking for a ground pounder that I can take out with me when I go 4wheel driving. Not all the places I end up going for the weekend are good for helis or planes... or there is just too much wind around.
So I'm looking at something that I can maybe race with as well.
I'm looking at something from either HPi racing or team associated. Going with something short course 4x4 or similar buggy type thing.
Any suggestions?
SC8.2e Ready-To-Run: Team Associated - Champions By Design - Nitro and Electric RC Cars

SC10 4x4 Factory Team: Team Associated - Champions By Design - Nitro and Electric RC Cars

::HPI RACING:: - Mini-Trophy

Other suggestions would be appreciated....
helicopters getting me down, and yes I know it is my own fault they not treating me well.... will finish it soon, and get another one, but just want something I can take out relatively regardless of the weather.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
those are some nice trucks and you wont be disappointed...Did you try looking into the E-REVO? My boy has the 1/16 and 1/8 and they are a beast of a machine. Oh and they are water proof too, i mean he submerges it like it was a sub.

Hey mate,
I just had a look at the E-revo after you suggested it, as i haven't seen it in any of the LHS around here.
Nice looking truck, but just not quite what I'm looking for.
It's just me, but I like the wheels tucked into the body of the car, and look relatively scale, which is why I've been looking at the short course trucks. The Apacahe C1 buggy is appealing though as well.
I do like the idea of them being waterproof, and is something i'm going to look at this weekend when I go and speak to my not so local LHS, (very good guys though).

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate,
I just had a look at the E-revo after you suggested it, as i haven't seen it in any of the LHS around here.
Nice looking truck, but just not quite what I'm looking for.
It's just me, but I like the wheels tucked into the body of the car, and look relatively scale, which is why I've been looking at the short course trucks. The Apacahe C1 buggy is appealing though as well.
I do like the idea of them being waterproof, and is something i'm going to look at this weekend when I go and speak to my not so local LHS, (very good guys though).

Lee

I love the HPI Baja bug. Gas powered 1/5 scale monster. I had a tonne of fun jumping it over the dunes were i live. Its pretty strong too, as i dropped it on ite nose quite a few times.
If you look on Ebay, they have some copies of the HPI baja that are pretty sweet at about $499 RTR.

Thanks Lee!!
I was looking at the Baja, but I really don't have many places i would get away with driving a gas car at the moment. Whole noise factor sadly...
I will look at one in the near future, but for ease i'm looking at a electric one, and just a touch smaller, must fit in the 4x4 with all the other camping gear!! haha
I do agree with you though Lee I do like that Baja 5B. For the price that's pretty good, I just think if there isn't one here in Aus, it will cost my left nut to freight it down here

EyeStation

Hey there Jon, I got one of these over the past fall/winter indoor racing season and I love it.
http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/desc410r/

Nice 4x4 with some really great tuning options. The shocks are great, and the chassis as a whole is pretty robust. As with most short course vehicles, the front and rear A arms are your most likely point of breakage. The DESC410r is an older model, so finding them on E-Bay is a really good source.
Which ever you look at, check some racer reviews for how durable the bugger is. Team Losi is another local favorite at our track here in Joliet Illinois. http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com

Well I've bitten the bullet and decided to go down the Hyundai path and got myself the apache short course truck.
Plenty of reviews have commented that they drift well. that was the polite way of saying they don't have the grip and handling of the associated, however plenty of reviews on its durability.
Will be getting an associated down the track though, but will more than likely be a nitro sc.
I should have it this arvo and well I will see how good/bad it is, but either way i plan on having a lot of fun with it

That's my plan Anthony!!
The weather has turned to poo at the moment, so that's what I'll be up to tonight... try and take it for a bash.... I tell you what it's big.... it didn't look quite so big when it was in the big shop lol looks rather large in my tiny living room

- - - Updated - - -

I'll hopefully get some photos up tonight!!

Oh i love it, already at looking at upgrades already!! lol
hate the radio that is came with, so i've already got an order in for a new one. Will try the new radio out, and then work out what's next hahaha
Hopefully I can use the radio that came with it and take it out for a bash tonight

Ok this truck is fast!! I have a lot of quick thinking to do, and get used to a pistol grip again haha
Cant wait to get her on the dirt!

Top Bottom