450 Swap meet last weekend

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone model aviation is a live and well here in Newport News, Va. :arms:. Fran and I plus another modeler spent three hours enjoying the sights and sounds. I also took a video and pan it 360 degrees, but it was too large to insert on this thread DARN!!!:banghead::sour:. Should have taken more still photos. I'll try to figure something out. Not too many helicopters around. We had a table setup and this guy directly across from us had several small Blade flybar heli's, two nice transmitters and a large gas powered fly bar helicopter. And some smaller model airplanes. Well to make this story short he sold all within 2 hours. One buyer bought all the Blade heli's in one sale, and it was a box full. Then the large one sold. We don't know what he was asking but made some happy campers. There was a plane big enough to put the family cat in the cockpit and by it's size even with the wings off could only get in thru the garage door. Guy must have a barn or hanger:chuckles:. After talking with Fran, I'm going 100% FBL, seems that's where the hobby is heading and I like the way my birds fly. And this is funny, they held a raffle and one of the winners was no where to be found until he came out of the men's room :surprise: Best regards, Jim

Attachments

• 20230218_093248_resized_3.jpg
    20230218_093248_resized_3.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230218_093304_resized_3.jpg
    20230218_093304_resized_3.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230218_093832_resized_3.jpg
    20230218_093832_resized_3.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 6

Rackman

Man I bet that was an eye opener :banroll:need something like to happen here. I've been to onw but that was a long time ago..lol and only half of what of whatI see in your pictures.. but I bet it was quite an adventure:arms::twothumbsup: well right on James hope you found some awesome treasures.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
This was my first swap meet ever so I was just happy being there. Meet a lot of Baby Boomers who were also vets. It was like being at a :beerchug: :peaceful: VFW meeting, about swapping stories. I told of one when in Vietnam we had a mascot monkey who loved to fly in our helicopters. We strap in him a jump seat and away we went:bolt:. Wish we could have gotten him an Air Medal. What was encouraging seeing a lot of younger folks there. Really didn't find anything that I already had. It was in my opinion a very nice mix of different folks who all enjoyed themselves. Best regards, Jim

Top Bottom