Trucks T max 2.5 starting and running issue

Acognasso

Hi I purchased a used tmaxx about a month ago and I cannot get it to run start or anything I went to the tmaxx website and it didn't help its spitting fuel won't start or if it does start it won't stay started or if I hit the gas it dies immediately what do I do?? I have not clue

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You need to download the manuel for the truck off traxxas. Then reset all you carb settings to factory. I would also get A new glow plug!

Tony

Staff member
As Sam stated, download the manual and set the needles to factory specs. I believe it's 2.5 turns out on the high end, and the low end needle is flush with the inner ring where it screws into. Set your throttle to about 1mm open and put in a new #8 OS glow plug (or traxxas plug, doesn't matter).

xokia

The also keep in mind before you just run full bore that engine needs to warm up. It will idle rough and not fully respond until its warmed up.
So when you are setting those screws don't try and adjust them to make it run great when cold. Because that will cause it to run like poop when warm.

Top Bottom