Trucks T maxx 2.5 steering issue

Acognasso

[/color]i was running my maxx one day it was running fine till i accidently turned in to a wall and broke my bulk heads ever since then my steering servo is making a grinding sound i looked at the teeth to the servo they look fine and works properly with the bell crank off and the bell crank seems to be in great condition.. Idk what the issue is. But i did notice a wobble in the bell crank when i am steering and the when its hooked up the servo has issues turning the bell crank but when the bell crank is off it works great .. I just dont want to be going out and blowing money on stuff that doesnt need fixed so i thought id turn to tony and the others to see what they think

thanks for the info in return

Tony

Staff member
I will bet money that you stripped the gears in the servo. Take the servo out and take it apart. take a picture so you know where stuff goes back. Then remove the gears one by one. Inspect all of the teeth. I'm going to guess that you stripped the #1 gear, or the one that rides on the motor pinion.

Acognasso

I took the servo apart and put it back together none of the teeth on any of the gears look stripped and it works fine now idk what it was

Tony

Staff member
Some of those gears are very small and it's easy to miss. But, if it's working now, see how it does when driving it around. If all is well, then cool. May have had the pin jump out of place not allowing the gears to mesh. Rare, but does happen.

Top Bottom