Trucks T-maxx 2.5 tranny

Acognasso

tranny wont shift at all i dont understand. any one have any videos or pictures to help me resolve this issue?? much appreciated

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I would suggest that you rebuild your slipper clutch. if its wore out or way out of adjustment shy won't shift into hi gear! An easy fix! I'm not sure how to adjust the shift point on the tranny itself. Tony answered that question the other day! Read your oweners manual! If you don't have one you can download one from traxxas's sight! It will tell you how to adjust the tranny!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I know on my 3.3 that when the slipper clutch goes out no second gear cause the clutch is slipping. Also no wheelies! Lol

Acognasso

do you know how much the slipper clutch runs?? or is it a possibility that it needs to be tightened?? im not quite sure!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You can adjust it tighter if there is still pads in there you have to look. It's just a mater of tightening the spring loaded nut a little. On my 3.3 you can get a rebuild kit fir about $15. Comes with the pads. Plate and new nut and spring.

Tony

Staff member
Adjust your slipper to where when you take off at full throttle, it slips for the first two feet then locks. It takes a while to get it just right, but ti's worth it to save your gears and drive shafts.

And you need to remove the rubber stopper from the trans case, spin the transmission around until you see the grub screw down inside there. Clockwise on the screw will increase your second gear, counter clockwise will make it kick in to second faster. BUT, you need to have the proper gearing on the engine first. When you change gears, you will change your shift points. So, set up your gearing FIRST, THEN adjust the shift points.

Top Bottom