Trucks T-maxx 2.5

Ronaldshirk

Hi Tony you were right about the diffs my t-maxx 2.5 i have breaks now but there were no sheared gears or ware on the old diffs .alot of grease caked on it all of diff old gears but i put new ones in and put a bit of grease on them. I kind of cheated but thats okay lol .

Tony

Staff member
My memory is horrible so you are going to have to remind me of the issue that you had. If you have it fixed now though, no need to let me know lol.

Tony

Staff member
The diff in the t-maxx that I rebuilt was the same way. It was just slightly tight so I left it. Normally, it would not grind unless you put pressure on it a certain way. I thought about shimming it or trimming the case to relieve the pressure, but again, I just left it.

Ronaldshirk

No more problems its all fixed both diffs now tomorrow i have start it see how she runs after 2 years of not starting it

Ronaldshirk

The diff in the t-maxx that I rebuilt was the same way. It was just slightly tight so I left it. Normally, it would not grind unless you put pressure on it a certain way. I thought about shimming it or trimming the case to relieve the pressure, but again, I just left it.
I just tightened the ring gears all the way down and no more grinding

Ronaldshirk

Hi i have another problem the fuel wont go in the fuel line into the carburetor like there isn’t enough pressure for the fuel tank plz help me

Tony

Staff member
The engine should at least be able to pull the fuel in due to the venturi effect. If it is not, then you either have a clog in the tank, line or carb.

bigone5500

I'd check that there is suction at the air intake by holding your finger on it while starting. If it is then it's as Tony says. Pull the carb and clean it by soaking in rubbing alcohol then make sure all ports are open.

That's what I'd do. Maybe there is a better way. Check Tony's YouTube channel for his recent videos on the tmaxx. There is one about the carb.

Ronaldshirk

I'd check that there is suction at the air intake by holding your finger on it while starting. If it is then it's as Tony says. Pull the carb and clean it by soaking in rubbing alcohol then make sure all ports are open.

That's what I'd do. Maybe there is a better way. Check Tony's YouTube channel for his recent videos on the tmaxx. There is one about the carb.
I already did everything I cleaned it and nothing thinking its the carb

bigone5500

Probably going to be a needle setting then if there is no trash in the carb. I don't know the settings so Tony will have to help you with that.

Good luck!

Tony

Staff member
If your thinking it, then pull it out and do it. Like Jared stated, I have a video on rebuilding the carb on our channel.

bigone5500

When you get it running grab a video and share it with us! I'd love to see it.

Tony loves to bust my chops for not recording any video. One day I'll post a video and he will sustain injury from FOOMCLMAO!!!

Top Bottom