Trucks T-Maxx 3.3 Radio Replacement

Wmcmillen

I bought my T-Maxx about 5-6 years back. The truck is amazin on what it can do. Right now I have it bone stock. My problem is after a few months one of my nephews was playing with the transmitter while I was at work and broke the antenna mast. I am trying to decide on just replacing the mast or replace the radio system. What would be a good choise that will not break the bank, and still work with the Optidrive on my truck? Would the new Traxxas 2,4Ghz system be a worthy upgrade from the AM system that I currently have?

Thanks,
Mac

Tony

Staff member
At the very least, I would get the 2.4 traxxas system for that truck. It has a thumb switch to kick it into reverse. If you are looking for something even better, look at the spectrum DX3. There are a few variants of it that range in price, but are very good Tx's. Some with Telemetry so you can watch your engine temp right on the Tx. But trust me, dump that glitching AM system, you will know what i'm talking about if you have ever caught a glitch and the truck just took of. 2.4 is MUCH better and keeping the signal strong and you in control.

Wmcmillen

Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked on the Traxxas site and they have an upgrade program for the radio and engine. I am probably go into use them for the radio.

Top Bottom