Trucks T-Maxx HELP!!!

kylex56

Hey, I have a tmaxx 2.5 or 3.3? either or well anyways my cousin gave me his tmaxx and i only really know how to start it , how to drive it, basic things , i figured out how to replace the drive shaft that was broken.. well anyways ill be driving the truck and the throttle stops working with brakes and forward/reverse but steering works , the truck stays on then after like idk 2-3 minutes the throttle works and everything else , a red light keeps coming on the reciever or something idk what is but it says function the light can turn green orange or red , its right next to the sensor light, so please help me!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And the truck stays in reverse got it out the first time but i cant get it out this time.

Tony

Staff member
Is there any way you can get a good, clear picture of the Rx and maybe a video fo the throttle servo stopping? I'm clueless on the Rx issue, but may be a bind issue if it's a 2.4Ghz. The servo I'm almost confident is starting to go out. It's over heating, cutting off, and when it has time to cool, will kick back on. A stock servo is only about $15 if that at your LHS. But I'm interested in seeing that rx issue.

kylex56

here is the lin kto the video of the truck sorry about quality using ipod and one hand...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Hm, that is interesting.

Lets start with the reverse issue. I'm sure you know this, but I have to mention it and ask anyway, to don't take any offense to things that I may say or ask that may seem simple.

there is a red switch on your Tx that you control with your left thumb. Does the servo move for the reverse when you flip that switch?

The throttle issue could be the same as the reverse servo, and if I saw correctly in the beginning, the steering servo went out as well.

If all 3 servos die at the same time, then it's not a servo issue.

Is your Rx battery charged? If you are using 4 AA batteries in it, then you should be close to 6 volts. If you are using rechargables, then you should be around 4.8 volts. Check your pack voltage and let me know.

If the Rx pack is charged, then I would try to rebind the Tx to the Rx. If that doesn't work, then the Rx may have gotten fuel on it, or gotten wet and may be bad.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ill say this. Unless you have changed the servos and RX, they are not waterproof on a t maxx. So I see your running it in snow. You probubly fried them from them getting wet!

kylex56

Thanks guys for this info , Tony: yes the servo moves when i flick the red witch but it stays in reverse , sometimes when i flick the switch to reverse it will go forward but very slowly. As breeze said i probally fried my servos and Rx so ill be heading to the hobbie shop sometime this week to replace them and pick up a few extra parts.

Tony

Staff member
All 3 servos will not go out at the same time as I mentioned above. It has to be either the Rx, or the Rx battery. As for the reverse, put the truck on a stand, disconnect the servo horn from the reverse servo, and see if you can push it into forward and reverse. I'm thinking the linkage just needs adjusted.

Top Bottom