Trucks t-maxx problem

WazabiQc

i was running my t-maxx yesterday, after tuning it a bit so it wouldn't skip reverse gear, it was revving too high. However after a couple minutes running, it suddenly died. Tried to restart it, immediatly it wouldn't run. I started it about ten minutes after, idles fine, but dies as soon as I give it gas ! So I decided to reset tuning (4 turn from closed for HSN and flush with carb slide end for LSN) after resetting to factory tune, it won't run ! may this be related to transmission or something ? I noticed that the brake doesn't work anymore! when I apply brakes, the disc is locked, but the four wheels can turn. also, is can run , but at reallly low speed. if I give it too much throttle, it kicks a bit like the clutch would engage too late, run, then dies. I have no trouble starting it, it idles fine. Also, sometime when I start it, it rolls forward( not jerking ) without any throttle input ! I hope someone can help me! i heard it could be a shot gear in the transmission, do you guys know of any videos on how to get a transmission off a frame ? it's my first nitro and i don't know much about these.

Tony

Staff member
First thing I would start with is the glow plug. Even though you can get it started, it could still be bad. If that doesn't solve the issue, check for air leaks in the fuel line and carb and replace the line as needed.

As for the transmisstion, sounds like the clutches in there are sticking. I would take it apart and clean everything. To get the transmission off, there are 8 screws on the under side that need to come out. They are in the frame braces.

As for the brake, when you get the trans off, check the hex gear to make sure it's still good. I suspect you have worn a groove into it, or rounded out the brake disk.

WazabiQc

after a check up, the brakes work ! but how do i remove the reverse fork ? do i just pop off the little ball link ?

Tony

Staff member
To disable reverse, you can do a few things. Just not flip the switch. Unplug the reverse servo from the Rx and lock it into forward drive. Or what I suggest, and that is to get a reverse lock-out kit for the trans. This will completely get rid of reverse, lighten the drive train a bit and you will have less things to worry about. This is what is known as a "Forward Only Kit". Below is a link to one on ebay. I'm not sure where you are in the world, but this one is located in Jersey.

Revo Forward Only Conversion Kit 5394X | eBay

Top Bottom