Trucks TA RC10 GT re-build

orton21

Hey everyone I'm re-building my RC10 GT that I bought in 2003. Thought I would post some pice of my progress. I will post pics through the proses of the re-build. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
OS .15 blue head. Great engine except for one thing, that head. Do yourself a favor and get an O'Donnell head for that thing. You will be able to lean it out quite a bit more than you have run it before. Cools much better.

Man, looking at that truck brings back some memories right there. I still have my first chassis out in my "Hole" that I used to race. Bent the crap out of that thing in a few bad crashes lol. Can't wait to see some video of this thing tearing up the grass/dirt!!

orton21

Yeah I'm going to need to find a screw kit for it. A lot of the screws are striped and I'm going to have to drill them out. Any chance you know of a web sight that still sells parts for this truck and was going to upgrade the electronics so I'm not running narrow band any suggestions on what I should put on it.

Tony

Staff member
For a transmitter, I'm running the Spektrum DX3R Pro and it's fantastic. However, if you are not looking to spend over $250 on a Tx, they have cheaper ones. I do NOT suggest the turnigy and the like transmitters. They get walked on heavily and you can lose signal.

A quick search found these screws. I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere.
ass003 - Associated RC10GT RTR/Factory Stainless Steel Screw Kit

I'm running a Spektrum S6040 servo on my steering, and it would work great on your throttle as well. Fast and strong. But, you get what you pay for too.

Top Bottom