Servos Tail Servo Not Working

Antonio

Finally got the Tx and Rx bind yesterday but I noticed the battery voltage was to high for the servos (6.6v). All the servos are rated to a max of 6v which I can adjust from the voltage regulator. I also noticed that while I was not touching the Tx, the servos would twitch. The tail servo on the other hand did not respond at all and it’s rated at strictly 4.8v. The servos are Futaba S3050 and for the tail S9254.
I would gladly lower all voltage to 4.8v which is the minimum for the servos, but the Bavarian Axon minimum is 5.5v, so an in-line regulator will have to do. but back to the original question: since the tail servo works at 4.8v only and i applied 6.6v, could I have fried the servo? mind you, I have not assigned the channels yet to isolate and troubleshoot the servo but after the bind all the servos moves except the tail.
the Tx is a DX8 gen2 and the Rx are actually Spektrum satellites connected to the Demon Axon stabilizer gyros. Thank you

Smoggie

Check that the tail servo is set correctly in the Axon software . That’s 1520us and 270Hz (Max)

If that’s ok then yes, you might have fried it by powering at 6.6v. For that servo you need to use a voltage step down on the wire.

It’s a very old servo, might want to think about upgrading

Top Bottom