Cars Team Associated TC4 CVD Rebuild

Quimbus

I need some help here! I bought a cvd rebuild kit and aluminum cvs bones. I do not know how to get to the cvd or how to install. I have all of the tools and parts. Can someone help walk me through the rebuild?

Tony

Staff member
I'm going from memory here, so bear with me. And I only had up to a TC3, never a 4 or newer.

First thing you will need to do is remove the tires. From there, remove the hex adapters and then push out teh pin going through the axle. This will allow it to slide out after the next step. Now, take your turnbuckle off allowing the block to flip out thus releasing the CVD. Once you have all 4 (they are all the same, or should be), you will need a .050" allen driver. Be CAREFUL HERE! Those drivers break really easy. If you bend the joint over, you will see a small grub screw. Take the screw all the way out. don't lose them. Then, the two silver dots that you see on the bell, push on one side of them and remove the pin. This will separate the two halves. Now, on the shorter half, push out the steel cylinder from the axle.

This will completely disassemble the axle. Clean everything with motor cleaner, brake cleaner or alcohol (rubbing, not drinking. NEVER waste drinking alcohol lmao). Once clean, get some black Team Associated grease and lube everything up really well. If you have thought ahead, I believe RPM sells some boots to help keep dust out of the CVD's. But these are not required unless you are running outside or on dirt.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Top Bottom