Trucks Team Losi 22SCT, Updated!!!

Tony

Staff member
So I purchased this truck quite some time back. Last November to be exact. And after I did the build, set the Tx up, I put the truck back in it's box, I put the Tx back in it's box, and it's sat out in the garage ever since. Well, I started thinking about it last night, and you know what that leads to.

I had hit the wife up about starting a new build, and she asked "what happened to you wanting to race?"... :shocked:

Yeah, it didn't take much talking.

So I hopped on the Harley and headed up to the race track to get a transponder.

Once I got there, there were two people there that I knew, other than the owners. And that was Norman and Jim (Bandit). I started talkign to them, and they had some IMCA's in front of them. We started chatting about them, and they said the IMCA's were 22SCT's. What? Really? Well, Norman's was a 22, but Bandit's was a XXX. But, they are taking these trucks, putting IMCA bodies on them, making a BIG ASS wing for the back and running the crap out of these things on the oval.

So I thought about it even more, then went out and watched one of the races on the course. Yeah, that was "lets see how many people I can hit in a lap...". Then, I watched the IMCA Oval cars, and other than the occasional bump draft into a turn, it was very clean racing. And these are open wheel. So yeah, that made my mind up.

I went in and purchased my transponder, another 5600mah 90c battery (yeah, you read that right lol, I thought about getting a 7150 100c...) two front tires, two rear tires a sheet of lexan for the wing, and the IMCA body. $300 later, I headed back to the house. I'm pretty sure I got better mileage on the way back because my wallet was MUCH lighter lmao.

So I have to paint the IMCA body, mount all 4 tires, find a place to put the transponder and get everything ready for next weekend. When that comes, it's race time!!! I will try to remember my camera glasses so that you all might be able to see the races.

I hope it's all worth it...

Tony

Staff member
Just went out to the garage and pulled it off the shelf. Holy crap there is a LOT of dust on this thing... But everything is in teh truck, including the only battery that I have (or had) for it, and the DX3 Pro still has 5.9 volts left in it. So everything is golden. Now, I just need to get the tires mounted onto the wheels and set everything up for oval racing.

One thing that I forgot to mention above is there are only 3 people that run up front in this class. This reminds me of when I quit racing. Sure hope it doesn't get boring like it did last time. The first few weeks I'm sure will be all about setup, but after that, if I'm running in the top 2 every race, then I know it's going ot be a long season lol. No matter though, if I can get this body painted and get everything setup by next weekend, we will be racing!!!

Tony

Staff member
Well, I'm not racing next weekend. The battery I purchased is not the right one for the truck. It's too long. Now I remember one of the reasons I got out of racing... Something is always going wrong. Same thing with flying and why I have not done it at all this year. Not a good way to start off the day... Time for the truck to go back in it's box and go back on the shelf. Battery, transponder and tires will go on ebay since the track has a no return policy... That was a waste of money.

Tony

Staff member
I will post them soon. After racing twice and seeing that nothign has changed at the track, I"m done racing. Going to stick to flying. Will be posting the DX3R up for sale as well as the batteries, transponder and other parts.

xokia

I will post them soon. After racing twice and seeing that nothign has changed at the track, I"m done racing. Going to stick to flying. Will be posting the DX3R up for sale as well as the batteries, transponder and other parts.
I never got into racing RC cars/trucks. I just have them just to bash around and have some fun. Competition can really take the fun out of things that are just supposed to be fun. My savage sat on the shelf for 6 years when it was nitro I just got tired of the thing ALWAYS breaking. Now that its brushless its a little more fun but I am still breaking crap :( I really do enjoy helis more but I am starting to lose a little bit of interest in that to. I might just stop flying for the summer and do the wakeboard and dirtbike thing this year. Pick up helis again at a later time.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I LOVE the competition. I just hate all of the trash talking. Mostly, I HATE that this is a class that is not even recognized by any of the racing associations. They took a truck, tossed a truck body on it and called it a class. If I go back racing, I'm going to do it with sprint cars. Something that is actually recognized. But I love the competition. Just hoping that I can actually have competition. I mean, two nights of racing after being off 8 years and I'm running up front? Come on...

xokia

The trash talking is the part I like lol. Specially when your words get under the skin of that person and they let it effect their performance. If your with a bunch of buds this is the funest part!!

I like to compete just not at RC stuff it's just not something I take that serious. :) Grown men playing with toys should be all fun.

Tony

Staff member
haha, I do agree that trash talking is fun. But the talking that was going on there just took it over the top. And the way some people are treated better than others is just BS. But, I guess that is just the way it is out there. Sure wish there was a track that you could just have fun at. Anyway, I will see about getting some pictures of it. I know I posted them somewhere, just don't remember where. Might have been my facebook page where I do all of my real bitching lmao.

Top Bottom