Flight Controllers Tero Q215

sabine

I am new to quads this is my first one It is a kit and I will use a Specktrum RX with it any help will be good. I got beta flight and bl heli suit . I am looking for the proper board location for the RX hook up is it as simple as plug and play?

Tony

Staff member
the pin location for the 3.3v line, signal and ground will be different on every board. We will need to know what board you are using to help you out there. Whatever you do though, do not solder or plug that satellite into a 5v rail, you will let out all of the magic smoke.

sabine

the board is a Rcharlance F4 pro+ v2
the processor is f4 (stm32f405)
this is all I know as i do not have the board yet it is on order

Tony

Staff member
Here is the pad locations that you need. Hope you have a soldering iron with a small tip. Be careful to not jump pads together.

Pad Layout.jpg

Dronezipper

Hi Sabine, did you have any luck? I have a TERO Q215 with the same board and had similar problems. I have a FLYSKY FS-I6 transmitter and FS-iA6B receiver and using the supplied plug and port, could not get the drone to work. I soldered the signal wire to RX1, which is on the other side of the USB port and now it's OK.

Echo4alpha

Hi Sabine, did you have any luck? I have a TERO Q215 with the same board and had similar problems. I have a FLYSKY FS-I6 transmitter and FS-iA6B receiver and using the supplied plug and port, could not get the drone to work. I soldered the signal wire to RX1, which is on the other side of the USB port and now it's OK.
I wonder if maybe you could help me out. I bought this kit about 2 months ago and haven’t got it flying yet. It’s the first quad I’ve built so I don’t know a ton and I haven’t been able to get an FSA8S or FSiA6B receiver to work. I’ve tried soldering it straight to the board. Jacked up the first flight controller and ordered another which had no settings on it so I’m hoping I just haven’t set it up correctly in beta flight.

Dronezipper

Hi, when you say you jacked up the FC, do you mean that you binned it? Which FC did you get?
For the connection, the positive and negative went to the little 3 pin connector/plug, and the white lead I soldered to the RX1 tab

Echo4alpha

Hey thanks man but I actually got it figured out after a sleepless night. Instead of using ppm I tried ibus. Originally when I got the kit I burned up the first flight controller. I ordered a new fc same as the one it came with and got it hooked but every time I went imto the receiver tab in betaflight it didn’t show any response to my transmitter. Last night I tried the ibus settings and it worked. Like I said I’m new to this so I didn’t realize using ibus was even an option. Thanks again.

Top Bottom