Projects "THE BEAST" giant snow skidder

wolfman76

Here is an update on my monstrous snow skidder... only thing left is to finish the hood cover what's left in tape hook up the lights then LET HER RIP! !!!!! Here are some photos.

ForumRunner_20140205_181319.png

ForumRunner_20140205_181333.png

wolfman76

I Adam pretty sure it is literally gonna scream...I only throttled it up just under a quarter throttle and i couldn't keep ahold of it threw my hand and arm a foot

Derek

That's impressive, Kyle! I really hope it works well for ya. I'm looking forward to this!

wolfman76

Ok the monstrosity is together 90% all that is left its cover in tape and connect servo to rudder. ..

wolfman76

Not yet was neg degrees all day neg 17º this morning
.. plus i have to wait on my camera girl (daughter) to want to film it. Lol

wolfman76

Ok folks the maiden voyage is done did and yes there is video just have to wait on my phone to charge up first so i can upload it. Then later I will post it up

wolfman76

Well unfortunately I am having trouble getting the first video to upload issues with my phone I have since made a fourth run with the BEAST which did not go well I will try to get the video of the fourth and final run uploaded soon as I used a different camera along with some photos all I think I will say at this point is I am unsure if it is repairable during the second run I was constantly having issues with the rudders coming off so I said to heck with it and got a straight away to try and see how fast it would go. I gave it full throttle take into consideration. I only had 1 Lipo pack and no extra weight in it at the time needless to say it never reached full speed when it lifted off!!! Yup you heard me right lifted off it lifted off about 4feet off the ground and did a full loop and stuck nose down in the snow like a lawn dart!!! I wish I was making that up... lol third run wasn't to much better but weight issue was solved I added the other lipo plus a 2 & 1/2 lb. Steel weight it would still bookit lil but at the end of that run I still wanted to find out how fast it would go so straight away and wide open she went again but with bad results yet again this time she stayed on the ground but before reaching top speed disaster yet again lost control hit a small snow hill and rolled over bust the foam motor tower in half. This is where the fourth and maybe final run may come in with video but not of the crash got almost 12 minutes in and ran out of space on memory card but I do have video but not of crash. At end hit a big snow mound and pretty much disentigrated the motor tower this time I have photos and will post all as soon as I can get on a computer...

Derek

I look forward to seeing the video that you did get. One thing that I found with my Skidder is that I couldn't go full throttle right away. I had to add about 2 oz of weight to the nose and it really seemed to help balance things out. Now it seems to run pretty well...unless the snow is bumpy..then it gets bounced around pretty good, lol.

I hope you had a little bit of fun with yours before disaster struck.

wolfman76

I know I know. My lady is using my computer for school right now Cu's her keyboard is messed up.. I been posting on her kindle

wolfman76

Well i will be repairing it but i am going to put a bigger servo on the rudder the 9g t-pro definitely isn't strong enough against the force of the edf...the edf was actually straightening the rudders when i gave it throttle even at low throttle

Last edited:

wolfman76

Re: "THE BEAST" giant snow skidder

video uploading hopefully it works this time....

- - - Updated - - -

here we go I am wrong it is actually the third run we got 4"s of fresh snow so it didn't want to turn easily I am changing out the rudder servo hopefully this will help It turn better
camera ran out of storage space so it cut off on us otherwise it would have been longer....crash photo 1.jpgcrash photo 2.jpgcrash photo 3.jpg

crash photo 1.jpg

crash photo 2.jpg

crash photo 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom