450 The cavalry has arrived!

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Good morning everyone, the belt buel williams sent came in yesterday's mail. Again thank you friend very much :peaceful: . Here's a better and more detail photo of the problem I had without the new belt. As you can see the boom wasn't long enough to clear the main rotor blades by at least one inch. The main frame now is just resting on top of the fuselage. With the extension, the boom will slide back about another two inches touching the back part of the fin. The whole main frame and boom will then fit inside the fuselage with ease. Found a three inch plastic tube (non PVC) just large enough to clear the diameter of the boom. All I have to do is cut the boom in half and adjust accordingly. Then I'll use JB Weld for a solid fit. Next step is to bind Huck Jr to the transmitter and then turn main frame with modified boom over to fran11784 for FBL work. I'll continue to work on the fuselage, still many things to finish. Piano wire had plan on using for the landing gear structs didn't work out as plan. Have some sort of clear styrofoam that's like the blue or pink foam found in hardware stores. Sometimes used in packing and it's not that popcorn type that sheds like crazy. Easy to cut, very flexible and strong, bounces back like a spring. Making a model with the landing gear wheels to test it out. Best regards, Jim

Attachments

• 20220913_094456_resized.jpg
    20220913_094456_resized.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 11

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Looking good Jim, were going to do the Spirit in that one. I think you'll like it. I should know this week on my project we talked about. Cheers!

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thank you everyone and I really appreciate it very much. Your words of encouragement , assistance and advice is what's motivating me :boldblue: :banana: :arms: .

Top Bottom