Projects Thoughts

I'm looking at doing a couple of scratch built cars.
I am wanting to pick the brains of some of the more engineering types here.
I need some help with doing up some drawing, and then CNC programming.
I'm wanting to try and build a 1/8th rotary engine. I have found some plans around on the net, I would like to copy some of them, as well as attempt to draw my own.
I am going to use readily available running gear, but also want to run custom shell and chassis.
Apart from people saying make the job as easy and possible, and get a pre made one, I was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips to help with the builds?
They are going to be 1/8th touring cars in 4wd.
I'm also looking and doing the shells myself, which if I can get enough detail in the drawings, I want to use a 3D printer to print out the moulds for the shell.
Something to work on as I build my corsair lol

Derek

Well, I can assure you that I won't be any help with this project but I wanted to post a message to say "hello". It's been a while. I hope you and the family are doing well.

Sorry to jack your thread!!!

HI Derek,
No problems at all!!
I have me some materials to play with at home, so it got me thinking about the rc cars, and I have always loved the mazda RX7, so I really want to build a 1/8th scale RX7 equipped with a real rotary in it...
Going to try and make it as scale as possible including the pop up front lights.
Shell should be easy enough, base shouldn't be too hard either... but it's the running gear that has me thinking, and obviously the motor, but i think it should be a fun project to work through and with help i think i can get a few of these things happening, and the chassis and shell i plan on making quite replicatable, so maybe can look at making a few cars for people depending on what they want.

pvolcko

If you have access to a 3d printer then you should be able to make models of all the engine components and be able to test fit and operation.

Very cool project.

Thanks Paul :)
The shell is the easy part, and I do have access to a 3D printer which will help.
It's the engine itself that's going to be the hard part, but I will get there, just may take me a bit of time hahaha
I have to draw it up, and that's the part that's going to be hard for me

wolfman76

you have access to the 3d printer so you first need dimensions of all the engine components but then the tricky part will be reducing them all to the correct % for them all to go back together in a smaller form i guess you could say so that they all fit correctly.. and move as they should...

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfman76

here is the other video i was trying to load and one for its construction

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom