General Throttle and Elevator linked

Returningrcr

On a Spektrum NX8, when advancing the throttle the elevator goes up as well. I looked under mixing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. anyone have any ideas where to look or how to diagnose/fix?
Thank you for any help anyone may provide!
Dan

Tony

Staff member
On a Spektrum NX8, when advancing the throttle the elevator goes up as well. I looked under mixing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. anyone have any ideas where to look or how to diagnose/fix?
Thank you for any help anyone may provide!
Dan
This is what is known as Elevator Compensation. Please see page 43 of your manual for written instructions. Basically what this does is when you apply full collective to increase altitude, the tail is going to want to sag due to it sticking out, and that elevator precomp will help stop that and keep the tail level. In the "Swashplate Type" menu, you should be able to adjust the "gain" for this if you are seeing sagging or leading issues. Hope this helps.

Returningrcr

This is what is known as Elevator Compensation. Please see page 43 of your manual for written instructions. Basically what this does is when you apply full collective to increase altitude, the tail is going to want to sag due to it sticking out, and that elevator precomp will help stop that and keep the tail level. In the "Swashplate Type" menu, you should be able to adjust the "gain" for this if you are seeing sagging or leading issues. Hope this helps.
Thank you Tony!

Smoggie

I think Tony was talking about helicopters not airplanes (planes don't have swash plates!)?

Check the monitor screen of your transmitter, see if the elevator channel is moving when you move the throttle. If in the monitor screen you don't see any movement of the elevator channel than it must be something that's going on in the receiver of the plane. The TimberX has a receiver with AS3X stabilisation built in so is probably the stabilisation system causing the elevator to move.

if you do see the elevator channel moving in the monitor screen then it's something going on in the Tx, maybe a mix that you set inadvertently or maybe a fault.

Top Bottom