Time to upgrade

bigone5500

I like my Ninja 650 but the 2 cylinder sound with the sluggish power has become boring. I have my local dealership trying to get this bike for me. Somehow they can trade with other dealerships and get what you want.

2022 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R.

*edit* - Non existing motasickle image removed...

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I love crouth rockets till I got hit head-on on mine and now I stick to 4 wheels :).

Tony

Staff member
That is a LOT of bike compared to what you have. I love sport bikes and miss mine every day. Of course, I'm lucky to be alive today because of my bike lol. Something about getting on them makes you want to do stupid things hahaha. But that bike looks amazing. The only thing I really hated about these bikes was the tire selection. You always wear out the center and have brand new tread on the sides. There was a tire back in the day that was dual compound, hard center soft sides that made it better, and 15 years later, I'm sure there are more options out there now.

One thing I remember from the Ninja is you need to ride it for at least an hour to get a feel for it before you buy. I say this because for me, the seat on a Ninja is super hard and on an hour long ride, it hurts. They may have changed this, but that is what I remember from my buddies Ninja.

bigone5500

Tires. Man. Stupid high. I bought a new rear tire for mine that had a pin hole. It cost more to mount than I paid for the tire. And that's with me taking it off the bike!

They charge $120/hr for motorcycle work.

bigone5500

So I picked up my new ride today. I called them last weekend and was told that my 10R would not be coming in. However, my sales person said they had this in stock....so I bought it. And I'm glad I did. This is a very luxurious machine. It has all the features as the 10R and sounds incredible!

2023 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R.
b178bd03-ce19-4d65-a55c-2729696955ff_large.jpg

Tony

Staff member
The GSXR 1300 is the baby Busa. Tons of power and I have always liked the GSXR line. IMO, I would take the GSXR over the Ninja any day. But that 1300 is a lot of bike. Definitely enjoy it! Nice purchase!

bigone5500

I don't understand their naming conventions but they decided to put the 'R' at the end of the model number. They have the GSX-R line up to 1000cc and then there is the Hayabusa which is 1340cc.

One thing I immediately noticed is the power...definitely the power. My little ninja stops pulling at around 125. It just doesn't have the power. I can get it to 129 downhill. The Hayabusa on the other hand can hit 129 in 3rd gear. I definitely need some tank pads. Nothing to grip with my knees. I ordered a set of frame sliders and front axle sliders for it. I'll need to find some rear axle sliders somewhere. I would like to get the same brand as the other parts. I got them from a company out of Dallas called T-Rex Racing. They make everything in house, which is great.

bigone5500

I hear the R6 is a great track bike. Believe it or not, a 400 can outperform a 1000 on the track with a skilled rider.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, they are super light. The 750's though are the beast! 750cc in a 600 frame. That is what I was riding when I got pulled over on the test ride LOL.

11403486_10207204206526927_6414169927470997884_n.jpg

Top Bottom