Votes: 0 0.0%

• Other?

• Total voters
Hello,

I have a SuperMaxx 3.3 General Basher. I have Aluminum Differential Cases with Stock Differential Gears. I am running Traxxas Steel Constant Velocity Driveshafts.

I RUN mostly on fields with low/medium grass and do small jumps. I also like to slide around sideways and fish tail in the dirt.

I know TMaxx Differentials are NOT sealed. I do NOT want to go with something so thick it creates Locking Differentials. I do NOT want to go with something so thin it leaks out and they have to be taken apart often.

I have done extensive research and there seems to be TONS of conflicting NOT sure to run GREASE OR OIL??? NOT sure what WEIGHT to run???

THIS IS ALL I HAVE LEFT BEFORE STARTING MY BUILD AND I WANT TO ORDER ASAP!!!

NEED ADVICE ASAP PLEASE!!!

Tony

Staff member
I have always used bearing grease for real cars and have never had any adverse reaction. As you stated, the diff is not sealed so any oil will leak out but so will grease if you run it hard enough to actually heat it up so it thins out. But again, I have always run bearing grease with no issue.

Newbie3.3

I am very new to the Tmaxx. I bought mine second hand and have had to really clean it up. I took the differential apart ehile watching your tutorial on youtube. It went great , well almost. I reassembled the diff and after all was done the diff would not spin well...was very tight and took a lot of torque to spin. It will spin freely when not assembled but when tightened down it is very tight...help please!!

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the spider gears are not in properly. If you can post a picture of the inside of the diff or even better a video of what you are doing it can help out a lot in finding out what is happening.

Newbie3.3

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was the spider gears. I took it all apart and put back together and it WORKS...thanks again.

Tony

Staff member
No problem. Getting those in and having them bind is very easy to do. Glad you got it sorted out. Keep us posted on how things progress.

Newbie3.3

Good evening, so after two years and watching your videos and breaking things and well you know. I have finally gotten the T maxx to where it runs well, now the problem is trying to find a body to run the truck with. Seems the T Maxx body is very hard to get. Any suggestions? The one that came with mine is badly beat up, cracked and just needs to be replaced.

Top Bottom