Trucks Tmaxx engine issue.

Sam Mitchell

So i purchased a brand new Tmaxx Engine 3.3 and a 2.5 transmission. During the break in around the 4th tank when you go full throttle the motor would bog down real hard and id let off and it would idle normal. I Tried leaning it a little bit, still the problem exist. I began questioning if my Transmission had anything to do with it idk. But anyways i am running a RD logic's dual exhaust on it. Idk if that has anything to do with it. Carb gets good fuel. Glow plug is fine. No sign of lost compression all gaskets are present. Like i said motor is brand new. I need help with this i can not figure out whats wrong with my truck.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds to me like the top end is just a bit too lean. Try adding about 4 hours rich to it and see what happens. Keep doing that until it doesn't bog. Make sure you low end needle is within 1/4 turn of factory setting.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
First thing I would do is get rid of that exhaust. Duel exhaust. Dose nothing for performance. Fact it hurts performance. All it dose is look good. It even may be your bogging issue. Put a stock 3,3 pipe on it. Reset your needles. Then retune.

Change out your plug too. You usually go thru one during break in. It may look good but they foul out during the breaking procedure!

Last edited:
Top Bottom