Other Transmitter, receiver and servi selection..

KOFI GYASI

Please I am very new to transmitter and receiver and the stuff.. I have built my own helicopter which is chainsaw engine powered the model weights about 8.5 kg .. I now need to hook the entire system to a transmitter and a receiver with servo and gyros to do the control but I don't know how to go by it ... Please if someone could help me choose the right transmitter and receiver and servo and gyros and also help me setup .. I will be much grateful thank you very much for your help

Smoggie

That a VERY ambitious project. I've seen other beginners attempt something similar but it never worked out. Usually those attempting to build an RC heli from scratch would be experts on RC helis and very familiar with the electronics needed. If you don't have that level of knowledge then your chances of success on such an ambitious project are almost zero.
A photo of the helicopter might also give us a clue if the project has any chance of success.

However, to answer your question, assuming the heli will be flybarless:
Transmitter with at least 6 channels and helicopter programming . What you go for depends on your budget and what brands you have available locally. Something like a Spektrum DX6 would do the job but there are many choices.
A 6 channel (or more receiver) compatible with the transmitter
A flybarless controller such as a Brain2, Spirit2, Microbeast, Futaba CGT760R, Vbar Neo etc etc (many options)
3 x 'standard' size cyclic servos
1 x standard size tail servo
1 x throttle servo

There are so many brands and models of servo that it's hard to advise. Maybe if you told us what budget you have and what shops you intend buying from that might allow us to make some better recommendation.

KOFI GYASI

Thank you sir for your feedback... Concerning the model it a bell uh -1 Huey 212 model with a semi rigid rotor head configuration and a flybar ... I have read and done a lot of research on flybarless system and complicated problems as compared to flybar.. so I choose flybar system.. with 4 years of hard work into the model building and mechanism integration.. I have made three model with ten feet long control cord and have seen all flown with my own homemade actuators,. That is 1kg, 3.4kg and 4kg respectfully. I want to take the project to the next level know that I have overcome the air.. now concerning my budget.. I plan to use 3000gh cedis which is equal to 468.98$ and Aliexpress as the shop .. thank you once again.

Top Bottom