Trucks Traxxas carb

Acognasso

Truck wont run set the carb to factory settings idk what happened but there is parts of metal inside the crank case from it over heating

Tony

Staff member
Metal can be anything from the crank scoring the back plate, the piston coming apart, or a bearing that locked up. No matter what the cause, you need to pull the engine apart and inspect everything. From what you are saying, I'm almost suspecting a bearing is seized. Make sure to check your compression by spinning the motor over by hand. If you don't feel a pop at the top, then I would replace the piston and sleeve as well.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure as I have never done it. But, I would think the upgrade is just the motor mount and such. I would think you would have to buy the engine separately. Make sure to upgrade your drive shafts as well. The 2.5 will twist them right off the hubs lol. It's a power house.

Acognasso

So if I go to the local hobby shop and upgrade the engine I have to upgrade everything else as well because I'm upgrading from 2.5 to 2.5r

- - - Updated - - -

Because I was planning on trading my engine because of it overheating issue cause there's a lot of metals underneath the piston so I want to start fresh and get a new car and engine

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what comes with the trade-in I know it's the crankcase piston and head does it come with the carburetor and what else

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I thought you were upgrading from the .15 to the .25. My bad. Then those will be a direct swap.

And I would think the engine woudl come with the carb, unless they both use the same carb and they suggest using yoru current carb. Swapping them out is not hard, you just have to make sure to push it down to seal the carb on the block. Before you do, I would take your carb apart and clean it out with carb cleaner just in case there is some trash in teh needles. But, if you really want to know if it coems with the carb, I would call your LHS or Traxxas and ask them.

Top Bottom