Boats Traxxas jet boat

philmill

This was one of my mad moments in R/C boating , i was given a Traxxas nitro V nice little boat with small nitro motor ran ok till the motor blew up , i did not have any spare nitro motors but i had a large jet drive unit and a spare 8s brushless motor from my fast electric boats , i had to make an aluminium transom its only a plastic hull with the thrust of the jet drive and 8 cells it needed making stronger
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpgd4.jpgd8.jpgp1 copy 735.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have fitted the reverse bucket and a 3rd servo , i can reverse the boat now but only up to 30% throttle ( any more it blows the reverse bucket off )Yw66937.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

d4.jpg

d8.jpg

p1 copy 735.jpg

Yw66937.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You made that bracket in the rear? That is clean. We must have video of this boat in action!,

philmill

Will try and sort a video i built this project for running up fast flowing rivers and streams you can use this boat in very shallow water , Jet boats don't have a great top speed but its very powerfull can climb small waterfalls and fast flowing water and they also turn very well ,

i last used this boat near my house on a small shallow river i did not fit an intake grille it has sucked some stones up and broke the impeller and bent the shaft , i have a tool room lathe in my garage so i will make a new shaft and brass impeller (old one was made of plastic)

my lathe.jpg

my lathe.jpg

Stambo

That thing looks awesome, including the reinforced transom. Nice work.

I agree with the other guys, you can't show us that thing without giving us video. :)
I have seen people warned by the admin for this behaviour. :) :biggrin1:

I would love to get my hands on a lathe like that, I am so jealous. :)

philmill

Thanks for the nice comments , i will try and shoot some video once i get it back up and running again .

Top Bottom