Trucks Traxxas Revo 3.3

Rackman

Hello all.. Not really new here .. but to there RC Cars I am,, well I'm a bit lost and know I need to start researching out there on the big Net before coming to chat here but hoping for a good start. Picked this up in a trade for a Trex 450 I had and want to expand my horizon in to more that just Heli's. Question is what Transmitter & receiver to go after & lost on how to wire it just yet .. I don't even know if it even runs ..lol pictures to follow shortly

Rackman

ok I have pictures now Downloaded on to my PC.. but have to figure out how too..& what resize to set to post .. help if and when you can thanks & maybe I'm crazy to think ,, but can I use my DX7s Transmitter ,, and a Receiver that I have here to move forward.. until I can afford a RC Car Transmitter & Receiver..?

Last edited:

RandyDSok

General info only... but a good place to start.

Air and surface radio transmitters and receivers use different protocols to avoid having interference between the two. So they may work for each use type, you are not suppose to do that.

Other parts... Just like with heli's, airplanes and other things.... These parts are often made for a purpose to fit a certain size, provide a certain amount of power etc. So you will see different motor sizes with different power requirements that spin at different rates. Think small heli vs medium vs larger etc. The same will hold true for ESC's, servos and other components. So let's pick a more likely crossover part... a servo. You'd look at the recommend torque, speed, rate and how much throw they have in order to compare one to another just like in Air type craft. I'd suspect you'd want slightly different specs for a ground based craft... but I also wouldn't be surprised if some cross over either. I think most batteries are encased in a hard shell for ground craft as one possible difference. ESC's are likely to support both forward and reverse throttles.

So on the other parts... any differences if they exist are likely just to address their use case for the specific part.

Tony

Staff member
Rackman For the images, there is an Attach files button on the editor (where you type your reply) that you can use to upload the images. If I remember correctly, we have a 5MB file size limit on the server, so be sure they are smaller than that. If they are larger, just right click and click edit, then in the editor (for the photos) click on the top "Adjust size" and set them at 75% (if the image has a large size, not just file size). Then save as a .jpg and if it asks you, set at 75% quality. That should make them quite small in file size to upload.

I as well am in the market for a new Tx for the T-Maxx that I have. right now, I'm running a DX3 Spektrum, however there are many out there that will work. Just make sure it's 3 channel unless you do not want reverse to work. To wire it up, Channel 1 is steering, channel 2 is motor (ESC or servo) and channel 3 is the reverse servo.

I have been eyeing the Flysky FS-GT3B Tx for the T-Maxx as well as a Jato which both belong to my brother in law. It will hold 10 model memory, however as you can see with their price, they are not really that reliable, but it will get you going in a pinch. I know a lot of tracks will not allow Flysky and the like cheap radios due to reliability issues. However, for backyard bashing and just having fun, they should be great, and DEFINITELY better than the 27/72mhz!

If you do not see the link or image below, turn off your ad blocker. We do not run ads on this site, and if you see an ad, please let me know and I will remove it as it's likely one that I hard coded into the site and forgot about lol.
Amazon product

Rackman

ok well thank you Randy that make since now .. glad i asked ... ok well I'll get to looking on... JUst returned yep that is the same one I was looking at ..just with not having a manual to look at & never having a nitro.. just Love this Truck ..

Attachments

• Revo 4.jpg
    Revo 4.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Revo 3.jpg
    Revo 3.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Revo 2.jpg
    Revo 2.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Revo 1 (2).jpg
    Revo 1 (2).jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 1

Rackman

Found a Remote on a local site for $25.00 think I did grab .. just have go find a good receiver now,,

Attachments

• Traxxas Remote.jpg
    Traxxas Remote.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 1

Rackman

once I have everything here to work with I'll see where to go from there lost with this opti drive box but hopfully I can find a link or someone may know where to go ,,lol

Rackman

I really appreciate the help I've received here thank you .. just one more Question i I see the 5 channel and of course the the channel receivers not sure if more is better ..lol and i now see how the steering servo's should now work with the Y cable to make both servo's work .. but what is 5 channel's used for hope no one mind's me asking,, just lost here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_210209.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_210209.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230109_110309.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109_110309.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 0

Rackman

ok after doing some research 3 channel is all i need thanks for the help guys now to just wait for the parts...lol:arms::banroll:can't wait to run this thing,,,

Rackman

Good Morning to all.. well I finally all my parts that were needed to get this Bad Boy up & running. and Man a'm I a happy camper. I've had a few smaller size Traxxas mechines like the Bandit and its a fun buggie to drive around but this TRAXXAS 3.3 is a bomb of noisy fun and the power he offers is unreal. I never new having two servo's to control the steering could be so reactive OMG..lmao during run time lol Nitro is such a blast to run around hoping the next time out to get some filming in. just wanted to share my experience with others of how much fun it turned out to be..:arms::nevreness::banroll::coldcaffeine::rotflmao:

Top Bottom