500 Trex 500 elevated tail

mswify

Guys,
I converted my trex 500e from torque tube to belt to insert it in a scale Bell uh1 with elevated tail, the heli was flying perfectly before the conversion, but now the tail behaves really wiered, the tail wags unconstantly, and the rudder is really fast!!!

I checked the micro beast setup many times, and also checked the belt tension with no use.

I don't know what to do more, need your help.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:mswify have you tried changing the gyro setting? Try going one way or the other on the gyro by 5 degrees. This will take a few tries. Depending on your TX setting will be different. On my 550 I have my gyro set at:
N= 35
1= 33
2= 30
That's just my setting using KST servo, DX6 TX and AR7300BX

BTW my setting is going to change a bit because I'm installing new servo arms and adjusting the ball back a hole on the tail servo arm.

Last edited:

mswify

:welcome1:mswify have you tried changing the gyro setting? Try going one way or the other on the gyro by 5 degrees. This will take a few tries. Depending on your TX setting will be different. On my 550 I have my gyro set at:
N= 35
1= 33
2= 30
That's just my setting using KST servo, DX6 TX and AR7300BX

BTW my setting is going to change a bit because I'm installing new servo arms and adjusting the ball back a hole on the tail servo arm.
I apologise for not understanding what you meant by "going 5 degrees" and what is "N, 1, 2."

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wonder if possibly the tail rotor speed changed with the belt drive?? Perhaps it sped up a bit. I think he means Normal, stunt 1, Stunt 2.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wonder if possibly the tail rotor speed changed with the belt drive?? Perhaps it sped up a bit. I think he means Normal, stunt 1, Stunt 2.
Sorry for the bad response and yes it's normal stunt 1, stunt 2 mode.
I apologise for not understanding what you meant by "going 5 degrees"
Don't be sorry. With the answer I gave you...I wouldn't understand either. If your gyro is reading like 60, you increase it from 60 to 65 and see if the tail wags more or less. If more then go from 60 down to 55. That should slow it down some but if not decrease some more and so on. Might have to try this a few times till your tail stops wagging. The gyro setting in your TX your changing.

Top Bottom