500 Trex 500 Motor No Not Turning

Varunb

I have a new heli trex500dfc. I was busy setting it up and did a motor spool up and the motor jumped out of the gear. Thereafter I cannot get the motor turning again.

I have a dx7s transmitter. What could be the problem? Did I damage the motor or ecs?

Help please

murankar

Staff member
When you plug in a battery does the motor chirp?

If not then check your connectors.

If It does, then you need to check your throttle settings for your banks or flight modes.

Of those are good then check your motor to see if its still good.

Oh and last thing make sure throttle hold is not still engaged.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not sure if this might help but on mine I have to set my throttle trim all the way down. Can't hurt to try that too. I have all 3 of my helis with HW esc and I have to do that to them.

Varunb

When you plug in a battery does the motor chirp? I'm getting nothing from the motor.

If not then check your connectors.

If It does, then you need to check your throttle settings for your banks or flight modes.

Of those are good then check your motor to see if its still good. How do I check if the motor is still good? Could it be the Esc?

Oh and last thing make sure throttle hold is not still engaged.

Tony

Staff member
So does the motor still spin? I'm confused as to what the issue is. It's early lol

murankar

Staff member
@Tony will have to explain how to meter your motor. Not sure if it will tell you if it still works. I do know you can hook a meter up to your motor and get data. Tony knows more about that stuff.

Tony

Staff member
Easiest way to test the 3 phases is to just short them together and see if you have resistance when turning the can. Hold two together and spin the motor by hand. Then hold the second pair together and turn it by hand. Then hold the final pair together and turn the motor by hand. You should feel resistance. Then, hold all 3 wires together and you should feel even more resistance than just holding 2 wires together. Don't spin it too much, you are dead shorting the motor and it can and will build up heat in the connectors that could burn you. You have been warned.

Top Bottom