Other turnigy 9x governor mixing

brent

Hi everyone, I'm using the 9x with my 3gx on a 700n and I would like to be able to mix the governor channel with the idle up switch I'm not very good at putting it in words so I made a video take a look and see if you can help me out or have any suggestions? 9x governor mixing - YouTube
cheers Brent

brent

Okay, after some thinking... because I cant assign the throttle channel to the governor (maybe able to with other radios) I'm pretty sure since my channel 7 (governor switch) is only two way I can only have the governor off or on to a preset value.
This is after I try'd setting the end point of channel 7 to +1 and -1 which did allow me to move the servo I had plugged in channel 7 in 1 degree movements however when I plugged channel 7 into the governor it did not turn on using just the idle switch or the channel 7 switch.
So my conclusion is when I fly in normal, id1 or id2 with the governor on I'll just have to settle for the one head speed unless I land and change the percentage of channel 7.

murankar

Staff member
The stock 9x has a mixing menu option but it doesn't work, at least I couldn't get mine to work. I upgraded, for a lack of better terms, my firmware to er9x. I have not worked with mixing on it beyond 120° swash so I can't help there.

Personally if I had a 700n I would be be using something like a dx6i, JR or Futaba radios. I would even go as far as hi-tech.

With the firmware upgrade you can have telemetry built in to the radio. Only other person on here who has worked extensively with the 9x brand is Westy, he has a few videos on how to work with the radio.

Your gov is going to set constant head speed that's it. You tell the gov what the max head speed is and from there your id1 and 2 will be curves that will be lower than that based on percentages.

If I want my max head speed to be 2500 then I set the Gov for that, then for id0 you would set a curve for a flat 60 on all points, id1 would be 70 percent and Id2 could be 80 percent with room for overhead.

Last thing I forgot to realize. Your trying to have it so you can turn on and off the gov correct and you want it mixed with you Id0 as being off and on for the other 2 flight modes; so there are no extra switches involved when you go id1 or 2?

That mixing I don't think works with the 9x. I tried to mix all of my dr/expo to one switch and I netted nothing in return.

All you gas heads out there chime in if I'm wrong, close or spot on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

brent

Managed to work this out, I set my id1 and id2 throttle curves to 40% the same as the governor any higher than this and I cant seem to change the percentage of channel 7 in the mixing menu. using this set up the governor has to be on everytime you fly unless your only flying in normal mode otherwise the throttle would drop to 40% in id1 and id2. now my mix 1 menu uses throttle as the master and aux2 (governor) as the slave and id1 as the switch pos to turn on the mix, from there with the governor switch on I can increase the down rate in the mixing menu which increases the signal to aux2 therefore giving me a higher headspeed in id1 did the same in mix 2 only set the switch pos to id2 and increased the down rate some more. still not sure if I will use this set up yet because if I every forgot to turn the governor on and flicked to id1 or id2 the throttle channel would drop to 40%. Anyway if someone has a better Idea please still let me know thanks.

Stambo

Correct me if I am wrong as I have not had much to do with gas or governer.
If you can control your governor with channel 7 why not assign it to a pot.
You can do this with the 9x as I did this to control my FPV camera.
You can set upper and lower limits and your pot will dial anything in between.
As Uri says, I don't think you can mix it with ID switch on stock firmware.
ER9X however is a different story. If I knew then what I know now, I would definitely have flashed my 9x.
If it's anything like the opentx firmware in my Taranis you can do whatever you like with it.
I am constantly amazed at what that TX is capable of.

EDIT
You posted as I was typing (I am that slow).
So I guess it is possible then. :)

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Er9x has the flexibility of assigning anything to anything with mixing.

Keep us posted if your findings, I thought this the whole time mixing wasn't working.

Good luck.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

brent

Okay I'll do my best to answer both questions here
1... my channel 7 is going to the gov when the switch is up the gov is turned off so it doesn't matter what that positions end point is set to, when the switch is down it turns the gov on and maintains the head speed to what ever I have the end point set to, in the 9x's case end point is the same as throttle position 0 been no throttle and 85 been 85% throttle.
my throttle curve for id0 is o 35 55 68 85 id1 is 85 85 85 85 85 id2 is 85 85 85 85 85 so with channel 7 turned of the heli would fly of these curves, with the gov turned on it would maintain the head speed of whatever 85% throttle is regardless of what flight mode in, but because I've mixed my throttle channel with channel 7 in able to increase the end point setting from 85 for id1 to say 90% and 95 for id2 using the uprate in the mixing menu with increases the head speed.
2.... as for using a pot on channel 7 anything from 0 down to -120 would turn the governor off and anything above 0 would be like a linear throttle curve so if I spooled the heli up in normal mode then started winding the dial clockwise from 0 the gov would take over and the revs would drop to 0 and increase as I kept turning the dial, I think it would be to hard to set head speeds the way while flying and I'm not sure if i could mix that in with the throttle channel.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and hey thanks so much for replying guys, Nice to have great folks like yourselves to think this through with, As you can imagine I've been talking it through with myself for the last couple of days :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and hey thanks so much for replying guys, Nice to have great folks like yourselves to think this through with, As you can imagine I've been talking it through with myself for the last couple of days :)

Top Bottom