Two close shaves in one day

Lee

Today was a great day for flying. Two friends of mine and I went to our field for a days flying. I took everything. Quads and all my helicopters. All batteries charged.
Flew the 500 first. Still tuning it up after the new Firmware upgrade. But man its flying well. Had two more flights on it during the day. That was close shave one. I'll explain later :D
Flew the QAV next with my friend Inaki. Trying to follow each other but with little success. A few close calls again getting too close to each other. ( Its gonna end in disaster sooner or later)
Then i tried to fly my 600. Plugged it in and.... Nothing. No life at all.(close shave number two) So i packed it up and flew the little MCPX and the QAV some more.
After a good day, i went home. Put the 600 and 500 on the table.
Close shave 1)
Just having a quick scan over the 500 I saw that the grub screw holding the tail hub to the tail shaft, was about two threads away from falling out completely !!!!! I guess i was maybe 30 seconds more flying away from loosing the tail.
Close shave 2)
I took the ESC out of the 600 to find that under the heat shrink between the ESC and the Battery, the wire had broken. So it was making intermittent contact. So for the last few days or weeks i've been flying my 600 when at any moment it could have lost power and fallen like a dead pheasant out of the sky. Luckily it didn't start up while it was on the ground. Phew !!!!
Lucky escape and all is well again with my 5 and 600 for tomorrow brings another day of perfect flying conditions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom