Spektrum Tx Problems

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The last time I went flying, something wasn't right with the TX...I think. When I'm at half stick with the gov. on and I go ahead throttle up. Like you were about to do a flip, I won't give full throttle. It's like the motor isn't producing power, not much anyway, to do anything. I haven't change any settings. I've been flying the same setup for years now. I haven't notice it on the quads or air planes. Any idea or suggestion would be appreciated :).

Tony

Staff member
What is your throttle position settings in the Tx? This almost sounds like a case of not having any overhead for the governor.

And with a governor, it will try to keep a constant head speed even if you are giving more pitch. The governor is there to govern the head speed or in the case of electric helicopters, the motor rpm.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. Well the weak battery it's not because they are brand new. As for throttle position, I'm not sure what your saying but straight linear on my gov. I'm not understanding overhead for the gov. Sorry! :(.

Tony

Staff member
On the throttle, I was wanting to know what your throttle curve is. You say straight linear, but if it's linear you shouldn't have the governor on. The governor needs a flat curve, not linear. So what are the numbers in your Tx for the mode you were flying?

Overhead on the governor. What this means is basically there is always power to be used by the governor. You are only allowed 100% so if you have your governor set to 100% throttle, it cannot apply more power to keep the same head speed. You need to set your highest Idle Up setting to 90, preferably 85% throttle. With that, it will give the governor 10-15% overhead that it can use to apply throttle to keep the head speed constant.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
my throttle curve is 0/65/65/65/65/ - 78/78/78/78/78/ idle #1 - 85/85/85/85/85 - idle #2 and I have the HW gov. on elf not storage. I'm going out tomorrow morning to the park. I'm bringing the 500 since it's the only heli I have together so far and flyable :(.

Tony

Staff member
Try GovStore and see how it does. Same curves as you have now, but you will have to set a flat 50 (I think, been quite a while since I set one up) for the training that you have to do to the gov. Once you do it though, it's done.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your mind serve you well. It is a flat 50 for the training. I went ahead and went through the setup again. This time gov. store is being used. If weather permitted, I should try it tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Copy that. Let us know how it goes. If you have a way to measure amps or watts when it's flying, might be worth connecting it up just to see if it is pulling what it should be pulling. I'm wondering if the motor is getting tired if it's not pulling enough power. Kind of like what was mentioned before about the battery, but you said those are new, but the motor is original, correct? But try the GovStore first and see how it does.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your right. That motor is original. I was thinking about that. It's time for a new motor. We see after the flight tomorrow. Yeah because the 500 was doing fine til last week when I experience this problem.

Top Bottom