450 Up date work in progress

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, just took a break from my Sky Crane. Put in about 5 hours this weekend and wanted to bring you up to date. As you can see it's starting to take shape. So far have hand cut 40 pieces of wood and sanding to boot:worked_till_5am:. The nose gear struct is mounted between the rib section and is hollow to hold the spring/ landing leg. The rear landing supports are screwed to the fuselage. Due to the bulkness and short length of the fuselage, it looks like a heli on steroids. So I'll call it "Huck Jr.:hump::notworthy::punch:I've been discussing with fran11784 several types of FBL. Have narrowed down to four and Align is in the running along with Breast X. Might get the Align for my Augusta and the Beast for Huck Jr. Still a lot to think on. Thought Tarot ZYX S2 was a good pick but as brought to my attention, that's all I need is a system failure in flight:frown::mad-new:.

Attachments

• 20220821_110603_resized.jpg
    20220821_110603_resized.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 8

Tony

Staff member
As stated above, I would not use the 3GX. I tried to use that gyro and have made many videos on it, but the fact of the matter is, the firmware past 2.1 is just trash and it's not a stable gyro system. The BeastX is amazing in all forms, Ikon is another good one, Maxx is a newer one on the market that I have in the Goblin, but not flown so not sure about stability, but have not heard anything bad about it. The ZYX I have heard good things about however I think that is the one that if you try to update it, it bricks it.

The TGZ380 is a MicroBeast clone, and is also really good, I have that one one of my 450's it it has done great.

With this caliber of build though, I would go down the path of "Buy Once, Cry Once" and invest in a genuine gyro that is proven like Ikon.

Top Bottom