Upgrading Phoenix Rtm 2500

liquid1

Is it possible to upgrade free with this version

Attachments

• 2B5CBDE9-28AF-4EFE-9C29-8B1E6777C4A2.jpeg
    2B5CBDE9-28AF-4EFE-9C29-8B1E6777C4A2.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 4

RandyDSok

Windows 10 will not load disc it just spins ??

That's probably not due to it being Windows 10... more likely a bad or dirty disk and/or drive... I've also seen protection software ( such as McAfee and Norton mostly ) block something they didn't recognize and then not mention anything. There are also other possibilities that are less likely.

liquid1

rdsok, Thanks for the response..Its the only disc that want load. I had a older laptop that I run the Phoenix 2.5 on it fell off counter and exploded so I upgraded to a ASUS Rog .. Its why I bought the Realflight 7.5
I'm trying to download the files to update from the phoenix.com after reading Tony's info. It comes up to the point of reading the disc, I will try a few print screens , Gets stuck on the Installshield is running at high speedupload_2018-1-26_23-26-27.pngupload_2018-1-26_23-24-10.png

bigone5500

Try extracting all files from the disc to a folder. Run the installer as administrator and see what happens. If there is anything wrong with the disc physically causing errors, then you will probably have trouble copying files from it to your hard drive. Sometimes the drive can try over and over eventually getting it to work.

liquid1

Bigone Thanks...Wahoo it finally pushed trough , Its not wanting to update to the 5.5v or newest version from 2.5 , I followed the update in the support section..I will try it out more Tomorrow just glad to see the Icon loaded.
I learned to fly planes on phoenix My instructor use to hang out and we would practice figure 8s , dragline, circles and inverted, twistys before we would hit the field.

RandyDSok

I'd gotten the wrong impression earlier when you said "the disk just spins"... It obviously loads and starts to install. The "just spins" part indicates nothing at all happens when it actually did but it wasn't able to complete the process ( unless I'm misreading you still )...

What bigone5500 suggested is as good as anything to try... on either copying the disk to a folder on the hard drive before trying to install/upgrade or even trying to upgrade in steps to see what's going on.

Tony

Staff member
Another thing that may help in the future is running a program in compatibility mode for W8 in this case. W10 is great at making most programs work. You just have to figure out the puzzle as to how lol.

liquid1

I'd gotten the wrong impression earlier when you said "the disk just spins"... It obviously loads and starts to install. The "just spins" part indicates nothing at all happens when it actually did but it wasn't able to complete the process ( unless I'm misreading you still )...

What bigone5500 suggested is as good as anything to try... on either copying the disk to a folder on the hard drive before trying to install/upgrade or even trying to upgrade in steps to see what's going on.
Rdsok, Yes sir it was spinning up at a high rate of speed for 15 min or so til I stoped it, kept backing out and re running exe it finally went
I have not flew yet, I’ll try the up dates in baby steps.
Tony, I’ll try the compatibility mode if I can figure it out in the future , I know just enough about computers to stay away from them most of the time. I’m glad I found this forum there’s a lot of good advise and experience. I have way to many hobbies to keep up. Thanks everyone..

RandyDSok

it was spinning up at a high rate of speed for 15 min or so til I stoped it, kept backing out and re running exe it finally went

Sounds like a bad or dirty disk... clean the bottom side of it. If that doesn't help... just for a test try another disk. If another disk works fine... the Phoenix disk is bad... if the other disk acts similarly... it's the drive.

Tony

Staff member
For compatibility mode, just open up This PC in any windows explorer browser (on the left of the screen), find your CD/DVD drive, right click and select run in compatibility mode.

And just to add to what Randy said about the disk, very soft cloth, alcohol and only wipe from the inside out. Never in a circle.

Tony

Staff member
Did you run manualinstaller.exe as admin and/or in compatibility mode? Both you would right click on the file and select. Also, might try deleting that folder (all of it) and downloading it again. Sometimes, not all of the packets come through.

RandyDSok

As admin, ill try your suggestions, will be cool to have update phoenix..

When installing programs... I always right click the installation file and select "Run as Admin" ... it helps when the programmer hadn't made the install program ask for admin rights during the installation.

liquid1

This is driving me nuts, Internet is up connection is working, Without the updates I can only fly the fly bar version Helicopters, Sent Phoenix support a help request..
upload_2018-1-28_12-9-44.pngupload_2018-1-28_12-10-18.png

Top Bottom