Servos Upgrading To Mks Hbl665/669 Servos

Antonio

I decided to upgrade all the servos on my current project but I see a need to center them. How do I do that?

Smoggie

It depends. If this is on your heli using a flybarless controller (FBL) then the servos are levelled as part of the FBL setup process. You get to the part of the FBL setup process that allows you to adjust servo arm positions, you first find the arm spline position closest to centre then use the adjustment in the FBL software to fine tune to the exact centre position. It will all be in the FBL instructions, so just follow the instructions carefully.

With a FBL you must never use trims or sub-trims in the Tx to centre the sevos.

Antonio

Thank you Smoggie once again to the rescue. It’s not a FBL though. It’s a Bergen Intrepid with Flybar, mechanical mixing, DX8 Tx by spektrum. When the Tx and Rx and bound and Tx controls are in neutral position, will the servos follow suit? Can the servos me centered from the Tx?

Smoggie

I thought that you said in another thread that you were using an Axon flybarless controller?

If you are not using the Axon then you can level the arms with sub-trim in the transmitter, but if you are using the Axon it has to be done in the Axon programming, all transmitter trims must be kept at neutral.

Antonio

Yes, I am using an Axon, and according to the manufacturer, it can be used on a flybar system as well. I do have a kit to go bar/less but I’m not ready for it yet. Thank you

Smoggie

If you are using the Axon then the setup needs to be done in the Axon.

It would simplify the setup considerably and also improve the flying characteristics if you installed the flybarless head conversion. Compared to a 'full' flybarless setup there is zero advantage in having both a flybar and a flybarless controller . By having both you just give yourself more complexity to deal with.

What makes you think that you aren't ready to fit the flybarless head?

Antonio

It’s the design of the fly bar less kit that I’m not too pleased with. It’s a patch rather than a full replacement and leaves the look of it unsatisfying. The eyes have to eat too Smoggie

Top Bottom