500 Used trex 500

bigone5500

Is it worth it to purchase a used heli?

Geena

Staff member
I have to agree with Tony too. I think it`s a bit over priced for what it is. The Heli Command 3SX has not been offered for a long time, and I`m not sure if the setup software for the Bavarian Demon 3SX will work. It should, seeing as how Bavarian Demon used to be Heli Command, but if it doesn`t..... you`re stuck with an expensive paper weight. There are also no really good photos of the frames, gears, ect. to show that there is no damage. I`m not trying to scare you away from the purchase, but maybe making an offer instead of forking over almost $800? The worst that can happen is he says no. :)

bigone5500

I was thinking it was overpriced too. I'd like to have a 500 size heli but don't want to buy it new. I feel I can get a fair deal somewhere on a 500. I also am considering purchasing the new RealFlight Software. I need a good sim that is updated and has realistic controls. What really sucks though is I have to have internet to download RF. I don't know though. $199 is a bit pricey for a flight sim.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I have to agree with Tony too. I think it`s a bit over priced for what it is. The Heli Command 3SX has not been offered for a long time, and I`m not sure if the setup software for the Bavarian Demon 3SX will work. It should, seeing as how Bavarian Demon used to be Heli Command, but if it doesn`t..... you`re stuck with an expensive paper weight. There are also no really good photos of the frames, gears, ect. to show that there is no damage. I`m not trying to scare you away from the purchase, but maybe making an offer instead of forking over almost $800? The worst that can happen is he says no. :)
Geena brought up some very good points to consider:agree:

Rackman

I'm sure there's one out there that's going to be the one for you..the right one is going to come along..as for a flight Sim.. I had the RF 8 and it was good but my transmitter that came with it brought do to an accident with my Grandson but for what it was. but I found a sim at RC-THOUGHTS.com & it's the Phoenix 5.5 at no cost to you. Only a donation if you choose too..& the only thing you really need to buy is a controller cable from eBay that offers 22 In1 RC USB Flight Simulator With Cable for just under $15.00 ..comes with a few different interface cable to work best with your transmitter.. seems to work just fine for me..but just a thought..well best of luck to you for sure..

Rackman

I just got done looking thru a bunch of my stuff and found that I have an extra controller cable here if you feel you want to move forward with trying out different sims. You just let me know how to send & it's yours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221124_112606.jpg
    Screenshot_20221124_112606.jpg
    954.9 KB · Views: 0

bigone5500

I have Phoenix 5.5. It's no longer updated and I really like the graphics in RF. It will be next year before I can buy it. I have to save up $1500 for my driveway to my new shop.

Rackman

I understand..well great..yeah I'm sure you'll enjoy RF 9 it's a great program..glad to hear you have something that you can currently fly on your PC then..

bigone5500

I hope it will work on my laptop. I plan to purchase RF evolution. One thing that doesn't sit well with me is you have to download it on steam and it still costs $200.

Rackman

Oh dose it..yeah if it were me I think I would try to find a hard copy..but that's just me I seem to have the worst of luck with pc's lol

bigone5500

They don't include a physical disc with evolution. Steam download only. So in my mind I am paying $200 for a controller.

Tony

Staff member
I need to give AccuRC another try. It's been a couple years now. And yep, I need a new sim as well for obvious reasons lol

Top Bottom