Other .wav files won't play on Taranis X9D SD card

Newbie Rob

. I have been creating sound commands for my Taranis x9d using Read aloud.net https://readloud.net/english/american/2-girl-s-voice-sally.html. The text to sound software creates mp3 files but the Taranis only uses .wave files so I convert the mp3 files using the Adobe Media Encoder and now I have wave files. the sample rate is 22050. channel mono sample size 16-bit, audio codec uncompressed. Only one of the wave files played on the Taranis whereas the others haven't played, and I get the error "path too long" What to do?

RandyDSok

Try renaming your filename to 8 characters or less ( plus the .wav extention )... I'd also recommend that you avoid symbol characters. I probably should also suggest to not use subfolders in case there is a filename/folder path name length limit I'm unaware of. I've heard that sample rate of 16000 is more compatible with it as well ( it was an old video, so that could have been updated but really, it won't matter what the quality is too much).

Newbie Rob

Try renaming your filename to 8 characters or less ( plus the .wav extention )... I'd also recommend that you avoid symbol characters. I probably should also suggest to not use subfolders in case there is a filename/folder path name length limit I'm unaware of. I've heard that sample rate of 16000 is more compatible with it as well ( it was an old video, so that could have been updated but really, it won't matter what the quality is too much).
I did rename the .wav files to 8 characters or less. 1 audio file played the others didn't and they were all in the same sub folder. you think l changing the sample rate may help

Newbie Rob

I did rename the .wav files to 8 characters or less. 1 audio file played the others didn't and they were all in the same sub folder. you think l changing the sample rate may help

RandyDSok

you think l changing the sample rate may help

Only you can test to find out.... I don't have one and I just passed on what I saw in a video about the subject but as I said, it was an old video. You may want to also check if there is a firmware update if you haven't already done that.

And just to be clear, I didn't say to use the same subfolder, I said to not use or make subfolders... in other words, use the default folder so that isn't a possible cause.

Top Bottom