Goggles What battery for goggles?

roshie

Hi,

I'm using gear that was purchased in 2017 and my searches aren't returning useful results, probably as the gear is likely out of date.
I have Quanum Cyclops V2 FPV Goggle w/ Integrated Monitor and 40ch Receiver but I don't have a battery for it.
It has a "barrel" type power connector. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what type of battery I need for these, can I still get batteries with a connector that will fit or do I need to wire up an adapter?

For more info about my build

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

RandyDSok

According to the manual... The barrel connector is a 5.5mm outside diameter with a 2.1mm inside diameter power connector. The recommended battery is a 7.4v 1500mah LiPo but supports 7.4v-12.6v. Most RC LiPo batteries will use a variety of connectors like the ones mentioned in the manual of the JST or XT60 so you are likely to need an adapter to go from the barrel plug to which ever one you select. Most barrel jacks tend to have the negative on the outside and positive on the inside but I've also seen it reversed, polarity is not mentioned in the manual so you'll need to verify what it before you get or make an adapter.

roshie

Thanks RandyDSok,

That's great, so I can use a any 2 or 3S LiPo and connect it in and that will work. I'll have to go and order another one.
Not that I have any grounds to doubt you here but 1500mah seems large for a headset battery to me, how long would you suspect to get use out of a 1500mah 2S LiPo? I'd think quite a while.

I tested with my multi-meter and can confirm that the positive is inside and negative is outside on my barrel jack for this particular headset.
Thanks again!

RandyDSok

Not that I have any grounds to doubt you here but 1500mah seems large for a headset battery to me, how long would you suspect to get use out of a 1500mah 2S LiPo? I'd think quite a while.

I'd have nothing to judge it by... I just quoted the recommended info they listed in the manual. That battery that DOG posted looks like a cool option... of course if you plan on also using the battery elsewhere where weight mattered... an adapter cable with an XT60 for the battery side and a barrel jack on the other would also work fine.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have my battery strap to the back of the goggles. I don't even know if it's back there. I get about 4 hrs. of goggle time no lower than 40% on the battery.

bigone5500

This came with my aomway commanders. It allows use of the balance connector to power my goggles. I can use 2, 3, or 4S batteries.

aomway-commander-v1-fpv-goggles-power-adapter-cable.jpg

Top Bottom