What's Your Status?

murankar

Staff member
Just doing a friendly check up on everyone. Hopefully all the members are safe and illness free.

I am illness free, working reduced hours at work and have a good start to a web site. I guess the best thing out of this so far is build my own site. Dont worry its not a forum it's my live resume. Anyhow what's your plan for this shutdown? Mine is to study my IT stuff, worknon Cisco and my web dev stuff.

Post up and let everyone know hiwbyour doing.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks for checking up URI. We are doing just fine on this side of town. We only have 17 cases of the virus around us but no stay at home orders. I'm still flying once a week away from the house at a different location. Doing more flying with my quads around the house and drone patrol too. Keeping tabs on the riff raff in the area :). Food shelve at the stores aren't bad beside the usual papper towels and butt paper barely being found lol. Gas is cheap as hell. $1.79 per gallon around here. Been watching alot of movies while keeping away from crowds. Thinking about painting the interior of the house BUT just thinking. Overall it's nice and quiet. Just the way I like it :). Take care, God Bless and be save everyone. We will win this war!

Last edited:

RandyDSok

I'm also doing as well as can be expected. We are on quarantine here although my work in computer repair means I'm exempt from the no work clause. Despite that, I've only had one computer to fix since the quarantine started, a student who's notebook hard drive had died right after this began. I had asked a dollar store manager when their next supply of TP was coming, stocked up on a 9 roll pack so I'm good for a long time on that front ... or is that back... lol. I think I may have overstocked on food, I now think I've got at least 2-3 weeks more left when I thought I was only getting that much to start with, so again, in good order here.

murankar

Staff member
My paper goods are overstocked like the freezer. Had a tank of gas last month. That u. Heard of. Paid off the car today. So of I get laid off I cant get repoed.

Admiral

I'm in self isolation due to a compromised immune system, doing it easy at this stage plenty to do at the moment. Actually got out last Saturday for a fly, two of us well apart on a sports oval don't think we will get out this week, they have tightened the quarantine rules and imposed hefty fines if you break them, we were legal last week but maybe not this week.

Stay safe.

Smoggie

In ‘lockdown’ here. I’m working from home.
I’m choosing to class RC flying as ‘exercise‘ so I have been out A couple of times and got a few flights in. I figure standing in a field with not another human in sight, only RC helicopters for company, meets the intent of the lockdown rules

Heliman450

Hi all, I just finished my contract with 12 working days working 'Full Smart Working' :bellyroll: mentioning Home isn't PC in the company. First day in real retirement has been spent chilling out and setting up things on all my devices.

Looking forward to getting back into things but we're banned from flying at the club until at least 19.04.20......we'll see

murankar

Staff member
Glad to hear.

Perfect time to start retirement. Make your own schedule.

Smoog, stay safe while flying. If anyone comes near show them the tdr up close, lol. It's a personal human deterrent. Lol.

Brick

The Company I have been working for 31 years. told us today that the doors will close May 1. we actually manufacture the backpacks Firefighters wear that holds their airtanks. along with more firefighting equipment. This shit just don't seem real

Tony

Staff member
Guys, I know I have been MIA here for a while but things are crazy as hell here at my house.

First off, all is well and no one that I know has come down with this junk. However, my wife works for a major retailer as does my daughter so the threat is always there because people don't know how to listen. My wife about beat the hell out of a lady that coughed into her hand and then touched her to ask where something was.

On my end, Thankfully I work from home as my day job. But, the company that I work for has been destroyed by orders because people think the end of the world is coming and they want to die with the most ammunition and workout weights. It's stupid. During Peak (black friday range), we were busy. The last 3 weeks, our call volume has been quadruple what peak was last year. At any given time of the day we have over 100 calls holding as well as chats and our emails are so far behind that there is no end in sight for those.

People need to stay the hell at home, chill for a few weeks and flatten this crap out. But...

200.gif

Stay safe and don't become a stupid statistic that I'm going to make fun of.

murankar

Staff member
I am still doing well. My county is appearing to be stable based off the numbers from front yesterday. We didn't have any huge jumps. Once 1400 hits I'll have the current numbers. Ohio is updating daily at 1400 on their Corona virus website.

Still working cut hours so we shall see how things play out. I maybe job hunting just in case .

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
We are doing fine here too URI. Wife been watching alot of movies and my self been flying alot more around the house. Videos to come :). Our county jump up from when I last reorted of 17 cases to 43. State of Florida at 14,495 with 283 death. Not good but better then some state. I notice a price increase in food prices but we all new that was coming. We are still stay at home order til the end of the month...which isn't bad. I get out just to pick up odds and ends but early in the morning. Less crowds. I do where a mask and gloves. I do it mostly for the wife since she has no immune system what so ever. I don't need her to get sick because of my stupidity. Anyway, you all take care of your selves and stay safe. Will get through this...one day at a time :).

Top Bottom