Servos Wire locations for Spektrum AR620 receiver.

exctmt

New to the hobby and building a laser cut kit Piper Cub 1800mm.
My question is: I am installing a Spektrum AR620 receiver. It is bound to the transmitter. It has 7 sets of pins. #1 I have plugged the ESC into. Motor runs.
It looks like #2, #3 and #4 will work the servos for the tail, rudder, and ailerons. Does it make a difference which location operates what?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 208497_ed02e8629c75c2f8485cff2a451a0a32.jpg
    208497_ed02e8629c75c2f8485cff2a451a0a32.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1

RandyDSok

First note that the receiver has channels 1 - 6... not just 2-6 as you listed. The first channel can also be used for data. It does make a difference which port you plug your servos into... Which servo goes were will depend on which mode your transmitter is setup for so look at your transmitter's manual for that info.

Mode 2 is the most common one used in North America but it is a personal preference and not a requirement... see this website for more info on the various modes RC Transmitter Modes for Airplanes

And just in case you didn't have the manual for the servo ( it won't tell you what the channels are because as I mentioned, that is the function of the transmitter )... see https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/deman...ult/dw7382b6a5/Manuals/SPMAR620-Manual-EN.pdf

This may also be of some help https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...r/default/Manuals/EFLH1350-ManualAddendum.pdf

exctmt

First note that the receiver has channels 1 - 6... not just 2-6 as you listed. The first channel can also be used for data. It does make a difference which port you plug your servos into... Which servo goes were will depend on which mode your transmitter is setup for so look at your transmitter's manual for that info.

Mode 2 is the most common one used in North America but it is a personal preference and not a requirement... see this website for more info on the various modes RC Transmitter Modes for Airplanes

And just in case you didn't have the manual for the servo ( it won't tell you what the channels are because as I mentioned, that is the function of the transmitter )... see https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/deman...ult/dw7382b6a5/Manuals/SPMAR620-Manual-EN.pdf

This may also be of some help https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...r/default/Manuals/EFLH1350-ManualAddendum.pdf
Thank you Randy. Really appreciate the help. That should give the info I was looking for.

exctmt

Thank you Randy. Really appreciate the help. That should give the info I was looking for.
Just FYI I am using a Spektrum NX8.
But no manuals for the servos. The servos came with the plane from Redwing RC. They have been NO HELP at all. I emailed them that I did not receive a nut for the propeller, and they never replied.
Also emailed them about a part that came with the package, that there is no reference to and they never replied.
Also called them and got voicemail, and same thing, no reply. Maybe they went out of business??
I tracked the plane down and I believe it is actually a "Dancing Wings". Found the same kit on HobbyKing. They have been great to work with. So, I bought two more planes from them. I will start another thread for the electronic part I received.
Thanks again.

RandyDSok

HobbyKing does get reports that their support is decent, which is something for a Chinese company. The products they carry are always a toss up on quality with some being pretty good and others just cheap stuff. So if you are buying a name brand through them, you should be fine but some brand you never heard of should be researched a bit before a purchase.

When you have a brand/model number... If the company that makes it is reputable, you should be able to find their website, it should list the models they carry and also should provide downloadable manuals.

exctmt

HobbyKing does get reports that their support is decent, which is something for a Chinese company. The products they carry are always a toss up on quality with some being pretty good and others just cheap stuff. So if you are buying a name brand through them, you should be fine but some brand you never heard of should be researched a bit before a purchase.

When you have a brand/model number... If the company that makes it is reputable, you should be able to find their website, it should list the models they carry and also should provide downloadable manuals.
I totally agree on quality. You get what you pay for. So far, I am happy. I really like the online manuals.

RandyDSok

When I buy something new that needs a manual... even when they come with a paper version ( which I like a lot also )... I'll take the time to download a PDF version to save to my computer. Then when I've misplaced where I put the original... I still have a copy.

Top Bottom