Flight Controllers Wiring up Receiver

roshie

Hello!

I'm a beginner reviving my first mini quad build that I started in 2017 and never finished. I have some parts that might be out of date and have been struggling to find info on how to wire up my receiver to my flight controller:
Receiver: Mini 2.4GHz 16CH SBUS Receiver - Integrated Smart Port / Dual-way Telemetry / Compatible with FrSky D16
Flight Controller: SP Racing F3 Flight Controller (Deluxe)

Over the 6 years I seem to have lost the cables that came with the flight controller, I'm ok with soldering so if someone can please advise what connections I need to make, I would be greatly appreciative!

From what info I have found, there are two ways to connect the receiver, one using the larger three pin connector or using the smaller 4 pin connector. Can someone explain what the difference is between these?

For more info about my build

Thanks to all who contribute.

roshie

Thanks a lot for that info D.O.G.

I guess I'm just trying to understand it a little better first. The receiver I have looks different to most of the ones I have found in these diagrams, of the two connectors at the bottom of my receiver, I can see T, V, G & A labelled on the four pin connector and S, V & G labelled on the three pin connector. These don't seem to line up with the results I have seen.
I was reading about differences with PPM, PWM, Serial Rx and apparently mine is S.Bus which is a subset of Serial Rx which is only compatible with certain things?

Also, it says that it's supports dual-way telemetry. Is there something special I need to do for this, is there any benefit in having dual-way telemetry?

bigone5500

This will help you understand RC protocols (sbus, serial rx, etc...)

On your Rx, the S, V, and G are Signal, Voltage (+), and Ground (-). You will use the included connector to wire this to your flight controller. You will most likely have to snip off one end of the cable to solder it to the FC. I found this video explaining the 4 pin connector which is for the telemetry. This article explains it pretty well:

What telemetry can do for you - Model Airplane News

As for where to connect the Rx to your FC, I'd have to see the manual but from what memory I have, I think it goes into one of the UART connections. This article explains it well:

FPV Drone Flight Controller Explained - Oscar Liang

Good luck on your build. I remember when I got into building quads. I spent lots of dollars on that stuff. And now it all sits in my closet. I'll get it all back out eventually though.

Top Bottom