General WLtoys V911 Will bind with Flysky FS-t6

sarconastic

I had read several articles that said the Turnigy 9X and the Flysky FS-ct6b would bind with the V911's.Tthey said the v911's used Flysky tech. But I couldn't find anything on how to do it with my FlySky FS-T6. So I ordered one in an attempt to get it to work. Tried to bind it the first night and it wouldn't do it. But I finally Figured it out.

But it DOES WORK. To Bind it. Here is how. I set mine up in Mode 2 and you MUST make sure the throttle channel is completely off or it will not work correctly.

1. Plug the battery into the V911 Heli.
  2. Press and hold the Bind key on the back of the FS-t6 and then turn on the radio.
  3. After about 5-8 seconds release the Bind button.
  4. Turn off the FS-T6
  5. Turn the FS-T6 back on.
  6. Fly Away.

***Warning**** When you start flying with the flysky your in full rate mode unless you reduce the channel throws a bit. So the first time you go up it will seem squirrely as all get out. just drop your throws a bit and she flies great.

I had to reverse channel 2 .

Now I can just order the V911 Bind and flys to go with my FlySky Radio. I have the new style V911 with the small battery connectors. So this confirms the new ones still use the FlySky style receiver.

I will do a write up on this my blog once I tweak the transmitter a bit and post a link here.

Woody

Tony

Staff member
Sweet deal. When you do the writeup, do it well with pictures or even a video explaining every step and I will put it in the article section. But, it has to be a great writeup. If not, I will do a revision if there is enough pictures in there (or video) so that it's really easy to follow. Make sure to explain Tx settings, what you have to change, pretty much the whole setup that you have to do from start to finish.

Can't wait to see it in action.

sarconastic

One thing I did was change was to set the dual rates to 50%. This make it fly more like Mode 1 on the stock controller. This way you can flip the dual rate switch and you can fly full throws if say outside. 50% to 60% is great for getting it set up and into a hands-off hover. I have a small living area with lots of stuff in it so the heli makes its own wind current in the room so it makes it really hard to get a true hands off.

Gonna have to learn more about the set up of these things so I can use less trim adjustments to get them to fly good.

When I get some time I will do a good article. I blog on the side so I can do a decent one that you can either embed or share.

Thanks

Woody

Woody

RandyDSok

One thing I did was change was to set the dual rates to 50%. This make it fly more like Mode 1 on the stock controller.

Hi Woody...

Let's get you off in the right direction with the terminology ( which I suspect you got from the instructions maybe ) so everyone else will know what you are talking aboutt ... Which "Mode" a transmitter is in isn't about what the rates are set at... it is how/where the channels are mapped to the sticks. In the USA, the more common mode is Mode 2... in Europe they tend to fly with Mode 1 more often. There really isn't a right way... it's more of a personal preference which mode a person chooses to use.

The following pic has what channels are on which sticks in each of the 4 modes of a 4 channel setup...

control-modes.png

Hopefully that will help you understand the terminology so you can "speak" the same language as everyone else

- - - Updated - - -

Dang it... that pic has a transparent background and the wording blends into the black... Let me look around a bit more and see if I can find one that is as clear but shows up better here.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... here is another, a little smaller and not quite as clear.. but should give you the idea ...

FNZWM1LHINOEL7Z.MEDIUM.jpg

sarconastic

RDSOK thanks for the tutorial, it is very informative, but I actually understand what the flying Mode is. The MODE I am referring to is the dual rate MODE on the factory transmitter for the V911. For someone who wants to switch from the factory controller to the FS-T6 or any other transmitter is going to see Mode 1 and Mode 2 on the LCD screen of the factory remote. It is actually a Dual Rate or Sport mode but the controller actually says Mode 1 or Mode 2 on the screen. I stated it that way so that someone who is doing this will understand it. WL Toys should have used a different term, but chances are most people aren't as into it as serious flyer and the crossed terms will never be noticed.

20140104_153125.jpg

Thanks

Woody

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, is there a way to edit my first post? I actually have an error in how the procedure works.

Woody

- - - Updated - - -

The Procedure should read

1. Plug the battery into the V911 Heli.
  2. Press and hold the Bind key on the back of the FS-t6 and then turn on the radio.
  3. After about 5-8 seconds release the Bind button.
  4. Remove the battery from the V911
  5. Turn off the FS-T6
  6. Turn the FS-T6 back on.
  7. Put Battery back in the V911, wait for solid light. 3-4 seconds.
  8. Fly Away.
Thanks

Woody

20140104_153125.jpg

RandyDSok

I had thought it was how the V911 was talking about "mode" and had meant rate instead... Just because they choose to get it wrong shouldn't mean you ( me or others ) should follow in using the terminology incorrectly... If you mean "rate" then say rate is all I'm say despite the incorrect terminology given on the V911... if you get my drift

sarconastic

The only time I refer to Mode 1 out of context is when referring to the original controller in this statement.

This makes it fly more like Mode 1 on the stock controller.

had I change that to "this makes it fly more like Rate 1 on the stock controller" it would be even more confusing as anyone who flew it would not understand Rate 1 at all verses Mode 1 on the stock transmitter. I realize it is all semantics but in context it works the way it should. I simply explained it the way someone who is not well versed would understand it. I believe it does.

As for WLToys, we know all these come from China and that if the English on them is even remotely right is a miracle. Let alone following any kind of standards. On the V911 I received the warning label says and I quote "Do not fly with borken or damaged rotor(S)".

Thanks for the help

Woody

Stambo

I have been flying a V911 on a Turnigy 9x pretty much since I got it.
I have a video tutorial on setting the V949 quad but it's the same procedure.
Apart from the fact that the V911 won't flip if you give it full rates. :)

sarconastic

Stambo,

I found several places that referred to the Turnigy having the ability to fly the V911, that was why I took the leap and sort of assumed that the Fs-T6 would work too. The bind procedure is sort of long but worth it. The V911 fly so much better on the FLySKy Transmiter.

WOody

Oldensly

Hey fellows, has anyone done a review on the FLYSKY equipment. It looks like a wonderful bargain. I have one but have not flowen it as of yet.
It seems to do what it is supposed to do and all the mini servos seem to respond well. It also operates my kk 2.25 brain on a 450 Firewheel works
as well.. My main concerns are the range and temp tolerance as well as reliablity

mousie

I have a v911 also and was wondering if it will work with a fly ski FS i6. I tried doing it but it would not go. Any help would be great. When you say turn off the throttle channel, how do you go about doing it? It would be great if I could make this TX work on my V911.

Joe

Oldensly

I am sorry, but I am not the one who answered your question. I have a flysky FS i6 but have only tried to use its own receiver. I have several

receivers for it and all work very well.

mousie

Ok guys, I still cannot bind my flysky FS-i6 to my v911. What am I doing wrong. the chopper light will flash normal then speeds up but will never bind. It also says to turn off throttle channel , but how do I do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I just got it figured it out on youtube. Had to change my radio TX to the old version.

Dieseldoctor

I use a flysky tx 6ch on my wl 911,912, spyder rock crawler, 1:16 army truck, and most of my DIY projects. A good general purpose tx.

I had thought it was how the V911 was talking about "mode" and had meant rate instead... Just because they choose to get it wrong shouldn't mean you ( me or others ) should follow in using the terminology incorrectly... If you mean "rate" then say rate is all I'm say despite the incorrect terminology given on the V911... if you get my drift
YUP but as I cut my teeth on the wltoys micro line I understand the difference. As for new to the controller I understand your aggravation

RandyDSok

YUP but as I cut my teeth on the wltoys micro line I understand the difference. As for new to the controller I understand your aggravation

I was not aggravated at all... just trying to be clear about the terminology being used so everyone was on the same page and understood actually what was being talked about. When terms are misused, there is going to be someone mislead or at the least misunderstood.

I was not aggravated at all... just trying to be clear about the terminology being used so everyone was on the same page and understood actually what was being talked about. When terms are misused, there is going to be someone mislead or at the least misunderstood.
Yup I can understand that.

Top Bottom